Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boru's Bar,Raheen

Options
  • 01-08-2006 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

Hows things all,anybody know this pub doesnt open in the evenings anymore? :confused: i know there was a bit of hassle last Christmas but seems a waste of a pub (plus I live a hop skip and jump away so ticked off I cant go for a very nearby scoop,dont fancy the Cream Room that much),unless they are selling up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭StarryBud

Probably because any time I've gone in there there's only been at most two others drowning their sorrows. And those sad freaks are probably gone to Russells down the road - can't blame them. Russells has a good atmosphere - even if the live music is crap. Purely economic reasons I'd imagine.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Some very undesirable people (real bogies) ruined Boru's. They just arrived a few times and the customers left, never to return.

I think that's about as much as I can say on the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

The reason I left (and most of the people I know) was that the staff were crap and changed every 5 mins. You couldnt touch anyhting on tap or you would be sick for days.

Was a lovely pub but went down hill fast. Even the lunches there went to hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

Some very undesirable people (real bogies) ruined Boru's. They just arrived a few times and the customers left, never to return.

I think that's about as much as I can say on the subject.

With all due respect it's the staff and establishment who serve these undesirables in the first place that are at fault if thats the case for serving them in the first place.

Any properly run bar will have no time for undesirables

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭youthacademy

staff were pretty ****e alright, and russels has some of the worst pints in limerick in my opinion. what do ya think of the unicorn or collins' OP??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I remember being in the Corner Flag when some "undesirables" came in looking for service, these guys were out and out scumbags. The bar man told him straight up that they weren't being served, the head scumbag didn't take that well and everyone starts looking into their pints to avoid trouble when one guy at the bar stood up and went "Lads, you've been asked to move on, there's no need for trouble, plenty of bars in town etc" and the scumbag starts "eyeballing" him, the guy says nothing but keeps staring back. Eventually the scumbag moves on and tension eases. My mate pointed out that all the guys at the bar were the bouncers from the Icon, obviously they wanted to keep the Corner flag a decent pub. Boru's should never have served them.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

staff were pretty ****e alright, and russels has some of the worst pints in limerick in my opinion. what do ya think of the unicorn or collins' OP??

Unicorn is grand,no complaints there. Would you believe I havent been to Collins' yet,too bloody lazy to walk up lol,Russells can be on and off,but some of the bar staff are quite exquisite ;)

Advertisement