Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stainless steel anybody know what way they are graded?

Options
  • 01-08-2006 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

430 Stainless Steel industrial grade heavy duty construction

this is what manufacturers say

i read somewhere else that Apparently 300 grade is better than 400. as It is more rust resistant.

confused:confused: can anyone clarify

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

http://www.azom.com/details.asp?ArticleID=996
    this link has a good amount of info on stainless types.
    what is the material used for?
    316 is rust resistant but no good for knife blades, 440 is suitable for blades but too hard for machining.
    Horses for courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

thanks for link

i was just comparing two different bbqs, one is made out of 430 whilst the other is made out of 300

the guy with 300 grade made the comment about rust resistance, then again he might be talking thru his hat

which would you go for based on material used

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Whichever was cheapest ;)
    I would find it hard to believe that any stainless material will rust through on a bbq.
    If you are at all worried, just make sure that the last thing you cook are greasy pork chops, wrap the grill in newspaper don't clean it and put it away until next year or bbq season comes around.

Advertisement