Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2fm

• 01-08-2006 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

what is going on with it this week. There only seems to be two of the normal Dj's on it. Dave R, Marty, Gerry, Larry, Ruth they're all gone. The only ones on air this week are Nikki and Rick. Then a load of dj's fillling in which some are really not that good. There's one of them real sarcastic and I don't like him at all. Althoguh Nikki and Rick's new shows are brill.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

petals wrote:
    what is going on with it this week. There only seems to be two of the normal Dj's on it. Dave R, Marty, Gerry, Larry, Ruth they're all gone. The only ones on air this week are Nikki and Rick. Then a load of dj's fillling in which some are really not that good. There's one of them real sarcastic and I don't like him at all. Althoguh Nikki and Rick's new shows are brill.

What did he say..... Like ..."I don't know how we get away with pumpin out this shoo1t during the Summer"?"Those licence payers must be all on prozac if they accept this drivel"

Or did he say....jaysus...we pay these "stars" megaeuros and the y are missing most of the year"

was it something like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

That sounds like cormac battle alrite! Not 100% on the schedule change affecting that many people petals, think it's just the time of year for the higher paid jocks to take a few weeks off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

It's the annual RTÉ August Exodus. Moses never did as good a job :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

Didn't think it would effect many people. Sure if people aren't happy with the sound they can listen to a different station...there's enough of them isn't there. No I was just wondering what was going on with it and where all the rest of the "good" dj's had gotten to.

And yeah it was Cormac Battle I was on about bein sarcastic. I was listening to him on the early show one morning and he said something like oh Kelly Clarkson she was on x factor. then after the song he said "you know i'd love to have the 2fm text machine with me if i was on who wants to be a millionaire just got a text saying kelly clarkson was on american idol not x factor."

I just thought he sounded a bit sarcastic andd it wasn't really good for a dj imho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Don't see the problem myself!?

All he was doing was saying how great listeners are the way someone will always text you with the right answer.

Doesn't take much does it? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

i like him (Battle)and his dry wit. too many morons in that place take their job too seriously. plus he played PIL while fillen in for larry gogan. sounds alright too me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

i like him (Battle)and his dry wit. too many morons in that place take their job too seriously. plus he played PIL while fillen in for larry gogan. sounds alright too me.

I agree. Having Battle fill in for Gogan was a masterstroke and I'd love to shake the duty managers hand! He will need an operation after this stint to have his tongue removed from his cheek, it's so far stuck in at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I see that 2fms newscasters are also AWOL. Loads of unknown schoolkids now are reading the news. So unprofessional imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Young staff sounding younger... thats not really a brush you can tar them with. Newsreaders grow with experience, and in a youth-aimed radio station, I don't mind younger sounding newsreaders.

Advertisement