Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Broadband crawling in Wicklow Town?

• 01-08-2006 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭

Is anybody else experiencing broadband problems in Wicklow Town?
    Since last Thur my broadband (Eircom) has been so slow it’s like the good old days of dial up. Eircom speedtest is saying my connection is 9.06 KBps even though I’m on the 3MB package. I tried replacing cables and router but nothing worked, also connected with a laptop and same result. I rang Eircom support and they agreed something was wrong and arranged an Engineer to check exchange. Hadn’t heard back so called again tonight and the engineers report says there were no problems on the line. All the guy on the phone could do for me was get the engineer re-check the line again. Not sure where to go from here as I have a feeling this will go on and on and it will take another 3-4 days before Engineer can check exchange again. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Moved IoffL>Broadband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 wiser

I'm on UTV Clicksilver, and not having any problems that I've noticed. Have you loaded anything onto your computer recently? SKY Broadband can be a killer.

wiser

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

Yup - I'm from Wicklow Town too, and had the exact same problems you did.

I rang & e-mailed several times, but to no avail. They're all incompetent wasters.

However, it does seem to be fixed since yesterday evening, and extremely fast.

(Getting downloads of 230k/s on a 2 meg line). Is yours OK now?

Cormac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Problem seems to be fixed since yesterday evening, I rang Eircom and they couldn't tell me what was wrong or when it was fixed but my speeds are back to normal.

Advertisement