Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Problems

Options
  • 01-08-2006 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

My network connection was working fine the other day and mozilla d/l the latest update, the closed it and opened mozilla again and it installed the patch, the internet worked fine!
    I shutdown the PC and when i came back later and turned it on, the network connection is getting an Automatic Private Address, so i did a spyware search as this has happened before and found 45 apps, got rid of them also emptied the temp folders for all users and the windows temp folder, restarted the system and still have the same problem, still using automatic private address, rescanned and found nothing, i used 3 anti spyware apps and norton, cant find anything, checked the drivers for the NIC, there fine!

I have noticed that the network connection is oly running at 10Mbps when it should be 100Mbps!

Im actually stumped, anyone?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

try restetting the windows firewall options to defaullt.
    had something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

jabberwock wrote:
    try restetting the windows firewall options to defaullt.
    had something similar

Nop, that didnt work!

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭techie

If you are only getting 10mb then it sounds like your router/modem rather than pc, reset router/modem and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Got it sorted, i unplugged the power from the switch for 30 seconds then plugged it back in, everything is back to normal now, thanks for the help.

Advertisement