Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pharmacology question

Options
  • 02-08-2006 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

hello every1.
    ill be startin pharmacology in september (2nd yr science) and was just wonderin what time the letures are usually at. what time do they start in the morning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

i'm going into final year pharmacology, far as i can remember back in 2nd they weren't too bad, mostly like 11 ish, chemistry used to be the extra early one.

could be changed with modularisation... and wait til you get to fourth year, next year i have five 9 o clocks a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭pFd

5 9 o'clocks!! Oh God, thats something to look forward to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

mloc wrote:
    i'm going into final year pharmacology, far as i can remember back in 2nd they weren't too bad, mostly like 11 ish, chemistry used to be the extra early one.

could be changed with modularisation... and wait til you get to fourth year, next year i have five 9 o clocks a week.

any idea about 3rd year hours for pharmacology, as in total hours for lectures labs etc? Hopefully an improvement on 2nd year science?

pFd: last year my pharm lectures were 11am 11am and 12pm (or is it am!) one lab and one tutorial a week, tutorials usually only took half an hour and the labs never longer than 2hours. The days/times depends on your other subjects, i was tuesday and wednesday afternoon but other groups were in till 5/6 on fridays sometimes:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

hmmm i think we were about 24 last year. it changed from semester to semester, but far as i can remember it was about 8 lectures a week, two labs, and then your optional subject. also, you guys are part modularised this year and have 12 units instead of 10. enjoy!

one thing though about third year, make sure you get those write-ups done. it's easy to get 80-90% in them without too much effort, and going into exams with 22/23% out of 30 already makes it a whole lot easier!

Funny, I was actually just in Chicago with a few of the 2nd (now 3rd I suppose) girls...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭pFd

mloc wrote:
    hmmm i think we were about 24 last year. it changed from semester to semester, but far as i can remember it was about 8 lectures a week, two labs, and then your optional subject. also, you guys are part modularised this year and have 12 units instead of 10. enjoy!

Oh, thats........wonderful, thanks?

• Advertisement
Advertisement