Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Real Player Streaming with Esat BT

• 02-08-2006 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I've just got BT broadband installed on a new Dell PC. I wanted to try and listen to RTE live which meant downloading RealPlayer. However, the streaming isn't working correctly. It starts off ok and then gets garbled. I have tried this on another computer with Eircom broadband and there seems to be no problem. Does anyone know if this is just a problem with BT broadband or is there a fix, setting I'm missing ? It would be great if someone else with BT Broadband would try it and let me know. I only have the problem with the RTE live broadcasts and not with other RealPlayer files.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 acs 1

Yip i'm also on Bt and just thought my plugins were screwed up somewhere.
    To be honest did'nt really consider it being a BT problem.
    I will have a good look at it though when i find some time (spent toooo long in front of a com screen trying to work out why friggedy doo ain't work'in with friggedy dee recently..gonna try life for a bit)
    Good luck though...and drop an update if you can work it out.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 acs 1

Ps.... RTE realplayer feeds can be a bit buggery at the best of times anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I wouldn't worry too much about it, I used Media Player Classic to play the streams and sometimes it doesn't connect or not be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Pringles

I'd still like to find out exactly where the problem lies ? Is it RTE or BT broadband ? If anyone else with BT Broadband could try the live RTE streaming and let us know that would be great?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

What speed broadband have you got?

The only real RTE streams Ive tried were the apres match ones during the world cup and they were very hit and miss, sometimes they would play sometimes they wouldnt. Im on BT 1mb.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭malachy47

I have the BT 3Mb and have noticed the same issues with RTE streaming. Other streams are fine though. I don't know where the problem is.

Advertisement