Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6234

• 02-08-2006 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Thinking of getting a new phone and was wondering if anyone had bought the Nokia 6234 ? Is it any good and does it work ok with the Nokia car kit ?

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

I was told by a friend that the one on vodafone has poor software and to wait until a new version comes out.

My Dad has the 6230i and was looking at an upgrade...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭techie

I bought one yesterday and its great, light, fast and bright screen. I already have my calendar stuff in and all my contacts and also email working and the phone is still nice n fast, the camera is great too on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 pq2

I got a Nokia 6234 about 6 weeks ago, it looks great but have had no end of trouble with Vodafone, just came from O2.
    6 weeks of the connection dropping or or having no connection in Dublin city centre
    First they told me it was the SIM , got a new sim , then they told me they had network issues, then it had to be the phone causing the problems so they gave me a new phone then , they told me more about their network problems, even though my work collegues or neighbours were not having any issues all using different phones. Then i was told it was the settings on the fone so i changed them to what they recommended , firs , i was told to use it in Dual mode , then to only use it in GSM mode only , then back to Dual... , Oh then i got soem more information about their network problems , this time it was just the 3G network...well after being onto vodafone everyother day theyve admitted something...what that is im not sure but after 6 weeks im allowed to get out of the contract without paying any termination fees, this to me is an outright admission of Vodafone having problems with this phone

Although ive since set this 3G phone to GSM only and at least people can call and text me and i have noe had any connection problems, there seems to be an issue whan in dual mode and the 3G Network is weak, when it looses connection it knocks off GSM...thats my theory anyway.

hope this little rant helps others!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

typical. i was thinking of getting one of these seeing as it looks like vodafone wont be getting the 6280 and it turns out its a piece of junk:D the main reason i was interested was the screen resolution is the same as the 6280 so video and mobile tv shouldve been good but if the thing cant maintain a connection whats the point?:rolleyes: im seriously thinking of quiting vodafone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

They're not getting the 6280. Failed software testing!

• Advertisement
Advertisement