Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro?!?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

wasim21k, you should report the installers to digiweb if that's the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

Moriarty wrote:
    wasim21k, you should report the installers to digiweb if that's the case.

well in that time i just wanted them to do the job and get h€€£ out of my place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Its quite a serious allegation to be making. I think it should be Digiweb you should address it to, not boards.
    Did you just smell drink from them or did you see them drinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭✭event

wasim21k wrote:
    ooh you are happey with them 30GB quota and after over quota your speed cold dead i m with them and i hate to go back to them as i m moving my place.

each time you ring about quota first question they ask about p2p software.

yes installer need to climb over building but not make m£$%£$ :mad:
    and how professional they are two polish came to install internet and they was drinking alcohol (very professional). :mad:

i would suggest try to get some dsl from eircom smarttelecom or any other but not wireless.

so did you go over your cap with digiweb?

people can have no complaints about going over it, they have a website you can view it on and it is stated thats its done on a rolling 30 day period in the T+C's

i know the likes of Eircom dont check at all, but sure thats the customers choice

but allegations of drinking on the job are serious, i would contact digiweb straight away with that

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Hody

Well acutally in regards to UL and DL Speed, capping and price, ICE home is looking like the best choice for me.

• Advertisement

Just had to find out that both Digiweb and ICE will mount some kind of device on the roof and run a cable from there into the house. Does anybody maybe have experience with this and knows how much drilling this involves.

I am just tenant at the new address and I need to explain and gain permission from my landlord to go ahead with this. So any bit of information would be great

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Digiweb:

Four screw/bolt holes for the bracket (or sometimes it can clamp on a balcony rail or pole somewhere), usually smaller than that needed for a satellite dish and one 5/8" hole for the cable.

I've no idea what ICE do.

watty wrote:
    Digiweb:

Four screw/bolt holes for the bracket (or sometimes it can clamp on a balcony rail or pole somewhere), usually smaller than that needed for a satellite dish and one 5/8" hole for the cable.

I've no idea what ICE do.

ICE told me something about a minidish that has to be installed on the roof, and a cable that leads down to a connection point.
    Digiweb said the same thing about a cable and the little box, you spoke about. Just wondering if the the cable/hole story is a big issue...

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭rikerdonegal

Just reporting on my experience with Digiweb, such as it was.

Two weeks to the day after I phoned in my order, the guy showed up to do the test. He was up on the roof for a couple of minutes. Unfortunately, I don't have coverage and they can't do anything for me with what I ordered.

However, they did a follow-up call this morning, and they offered me something else using the existing land-line (which is with eircom). It costs about €9 a month more, and offers a 40gig cap, instead of the 30gig I had tried to get.

I'll update here, if I decided to follow this up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

well dont know service on other places i was with them for 14 months and Traffic quota (download+upload) i dont like other wise friend have smarttelecom and he always on no limit so i would say if you can have eircom or smart go for it, speed wise you will left cold dead in water when you are over the quota limit. but if you are not going to download/upload much then they are good enough.
    Hody wrote:
    Does anybody have experience with Digiweb metro around Applewood, Sandford Woods in Swords?! Are they any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Digiweb put the modem/power unit wherever you tell them to put it. For us, that meant drilling one hole for the cable to go from outside to inside.

Just reporting on my experience with Digiweb, such as it was.

Two weeks to the day after I phoned in my order, the guy showed up to do the test. He was up on the roof for a couple of minutes. Unfortunately, I don't have coverage and they can't do anything for me with what I ordered.

However, they did a follow-up call this morning, and they offered me something else using the existing land-line (which is with eircom). It costs about €9 a month more, and offers a 40gig cap, instead of the 30gig I had tried to get.

I'll update here, if I decided to follow this up.

That must be the DSL Extra but you´d have the line rental (that you pay already) on top of that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

appreciate any comments from Athlone Metro users

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ada4347

im thinking of getting digiweb in carlow does anybody think i should get it......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 shebop

I would be interested to hear any reports as well.

Digiweb have a new Chatterbox bundle that looks quite attractive.

Does anyone know if

- the 4mb UL/512kb DL speeds are in and around fairly accurate during peak times?
    - I'm not quite sure how the Digiweb phone service works -- but is it worth considering at all?

Thanks! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

Well I have had Digiweb Metro here in Carlow for 3 years.

In 3 years I have had 2 days down time and mistake where they told everyone they were over quota and killed the download speed. This lasted 12yrs.

Thats 60 hours down time in 1000 days!!

I am on their 8mb connection and very regularly get sustained download speeds of over 800kb (thats around 6.5mb).

I experiance no lag playing xbox live.

My neighbour has it for almost as long (on the 3mb connection I think). He had issues for around 2 months of the connection dropping and digiweb took there time, but did finaly find they issue was with thier modem.

In short, personnaly, I couldnt recommend them more. But thats just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ada4347

hope u don't mind me asking but what street do u live on?? just wondering cuz could be diffedrent on other street's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Smashed

I had metro for a few years and was reasonably happy with it. It seems to me a very strict cap but i didnt do a lot of downloading. Heavy rain did mess with my connection a lot. Towards the end the service developed some problems such as the modem taking time to find the internet, up to an hour sometimes and in the end i decided to move on. Overall, i did have more problems than when i was with bt and adsl (technical problems) as bt's service for me was flawless, their billing was another matter.

Advertisement