Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help Corsa

Options
  • 02-08-2006 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭

Just got an email from my sister

Im having my driving test 2day and on my way to work a warning light came up on the car on the dash where the speedometer is.

I don’t know what it is its shaped like an engine I think and orange in color any ideas what it is for. Can you get back to me soon.
    its a 95 corsa
    any ideas?
    it was just serviced 2 weeks ago and was overheating last week but was fixed with some coolant in the rad instead of plaian old water!

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

That light indicates that the computer (ECU) in the car has detected a problem.
    You will need to get an opel technician to plug a computer into the ECU to determine what the actual problem is.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Ya, wifes car had that a few weeks back, it was an air intake sensor which was gone on hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Did the tester let you do the test, If so how did you do??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭babybundy

probily crack shaft censor they are crap on corsa's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

JoeySully wrote:
    Just got an email from my sister

I don’t know what it is its shaped like an engine I think and orange in color any ideas what it is for. Can you get back to me soon.
    it was just serviced 2 weeks ago and was overheating last week but was fixed with some coolant in the rad instead of plaian old water!

thanks

Could be all of the anything engine, ignition or fuel related. even to something as simple as the gas cap filler cap loose, or a disconnected sensor from the last tune up.

So first, you'll have to retrieve the stored error codes and decipher those and given it is a 95, they may not be generic OBDII codes, but some GM specific codes, so may cost you. I'm sure if it is not critical and you ignore it, the lamp will go out for a while and come back on again later.

I fail to see why the Check engine light has anything to do with doing the driving test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

AMurphy wrote:

I fail to see why the Check engine light has anything to do with doing the driving test.

point no 9 states that tests will not be conducted with warning lights.
    http://www.drivingtest.ie/drivingtest/HTMLContent/frameset.html

any way the light didnt come back on and she passed so all good.

this page says that one could get the code off the dash with a paperclip shorting the port. http://www.topbuzz.co.uk/info/fault_codes/fault_codes.htm

any opinions!

Advertisement