Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castro nearly RIP what follows?

Options
2»

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

...and real poverty. Something to look forward to, I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Diaspora

Cork wrote:
    I think Cuba will only gain post castro.

Democracy, Freedom of Speech and Foriegan direct investment.

I agree that if the Castro family were to go in a planned way with democracy implemented smoothly that Cuba would be much better off on many levels.

However it must be done in a measured way as from my experience of Latim America the greatest problem has been decades of disjointed knee jerk reactions from both the left and right preventing the development of any coherent and consensus position on anything.

Oscar Bravo is right that if Cuba collapses there will be intense poverty as you need a robust set of regulations to protect any economy in todays Globalised world and the forces of investment that can be the foundation of a successful economy can also have a detrimental effect on the majority of the population of any country if not harenessed correctly particularly where that country has no recent commercial culture.

Advertisement