Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

camper eats swan

Options
  • 02-08-2006 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

did anyone read this in the indo today?
    a dublin man camping in galway was found with the remains of a swan outside his tent.
    when questioned by gardai he admitted he had cooked and eaten its breasts.
    he claims the swan was dead when he found it.

im not peta about animals or anything,
    but this is one of the weirdest things ive ever read.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

assuming that the camper's story is true and the swan was dead when he found it ...did he test it for bird flu before he ate it ?:eek: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

"Person eats animal" weird? how so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Belle_Morte

Call me picky if you like, but I think that snacking on the carrion you find whilst camping is pretty darn weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

tbh wrote:
    "Person eats animal" weird? how so?
    well, if it was dead when he found it, it woulld be strange enough.
    i wouldnt be too quick to eat anything i found dead in a park.

and if it wasnt, its a strange thought to think of a man packing up to go to the galway races and then deciding to go hunting swans in a park for his dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

yeah, I can get how it's strange alright. But saying it's one of the weirdest thing you've ever read - you have access to the internet after all!! :)

Was he a recreational camper, or a homeless guy? I implied the latter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Any reports on how it tasted? Like chicken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

you think thats bad........

http://www.aapn.org/stbernard.html

:(

b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I have heard that swan meat is meant to be teh mank, so he must have been hungry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Calm down with the racism--Theres plenty of Chinese users here on boards who wouldnt be too impressed with that statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

did no1 else just roflmao when they read this??? LOL :D:D Just d thought of some1 seeing a swan and going mmmm he looks tasty then cooking it ! LOL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

^CwAzY^ wrote:
    did no1 else just roflmao when they read this??? LOL :D:D Just d thought of some1 seeing a swan and going mmmm he looks tasty then cooking it ! LOL

You have a very strange sense of humour. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

My apologies Hellrazer but this kind of thing really makes me mad, there really is no excuse for animal cruelty in my book anyway.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

was it this one???

swan_pageant_thumb.jpg

Advertisement