Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anyone seen the dvd recorders in the new Argos catalogue?

• 02-08-2006 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Was just wondering if anyone's got any experience of the budget dvd recorders Argos are selling. They have a Liteon DDA 100y for €151 (dual format, 2 scart sockets) and a Goodmans GDVRDR 319 for the same price and almost the same specs. There's also a dual format Bush DVR 3006 for €121. The prices seem really competitive but it doesn't really seem worth it if the machines are cr**!
    So anyone any feedback on any of these models?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

I've had the Goodmans for about 6 months.I've never had any problems with it and I'm very happy with it overall.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Argos's budget dvd recorders are probably 20 euro dearer than everywhere else. It seems like they bring out new catalogue's to raise the prices. And then ppl go to argos and think this must be a very good price.

An example:
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=30001&catalogId=5251&langId=-1&searchTerms=xbox+360&go.x=0&go.y=0

RRP of the xbox 360 is 310 for core and 410 for premium pack:
    Argos 330 and 450 wtf!

But uk is different:
    RRP of the xbox 360 is £210 for core and £280 for premium pack:
    Argos 210 and 289 (311 and 414 euros)

Wonder how they would explain why we are ripped off?

I hate argos rant over ;)

Advertisement