Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB problem

• 02-08-2006 11:56am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Folks my sister and her boyfriend have a Breeze connection with Irish Broadband and since they got it the things justs knocks it self off randomly!! WHen you look at the plug thing the light stops flashing etc and you have to unplug it and go again until it happens again!! I have tried everything with the PC but it seems to be their stuff thats wrong but I am not 100% sure. THe got a call from IBB yesterday saying it was a problem with the PC and not their product, anyone able to help me out here??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Are you plugging it into a router or a PC?

If you're plugging into a router try removing it from the equation and plug into your PC (make sure you're running a firewall obviously).

If you're plugging it already into your PC see if you can borrow a laptop from somebody and see if the problem still occurs.

If the problem occurs again on another PC or laptop then you've removed your PC from the equation and the problem is IBBs. If the problem doesn't occur again then the problem is your PC / router. If it's a PC problem it's probably just a faulty network card.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just using the existing stuff that IBB use!! THe PC was used for 2 days straigh on my IBB Breeze connect aswell and nothing like that ever happened!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Have you tried it on your IBB breeze since the problem started? If you have the case is pretty open and shut and shouldn't be hard to explain to the tech.

PC - Sisters house - Disconnects randomly.
    Same PC - Your house - No disconnects.

The only thing that's different in the two scenarios is the IBB connection so they can't really blame the PC.

By the way, were you using the same network cable from the PC to the IBB box in both houses? If those have a loose connection it can cause intermittant problems.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well he had those problems fomr the time he had his connection which was the day after it left my house!!
    The cables are provided by IBB, I might ring the tech guys themselves today and find out what they are spouting on about!!

Advertisement