Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sky+ Cost

• 02-08-2006 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭

How much does it cost to get a Sky+ box lads, lump sum or monthly rental?

With Filmfour now freeview I'd like to record films to watch once missus is finished with BigBro & Love Island :mad:
    I suppose it'll be handy for the premiership as well.

Anyone know how much, and if their is a waiting list :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

not sure what the box costs, but you got to buy that.

the monthly fee for sky+ is €15 but...

if you subcribe to 2 or more premium sky channels (sky sports 1, sky sports 2, sky movies1, sky movies 2) then your monthly fee is €0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭dfcelt

Nice one Cremo, I have the sports channels & premplus, no movies. Chancers probably want about 100 for the box

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Generally the Sky+ box is €149 plus installation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

This may be a stupid question, but how would one order such product, and is a satelite needed? As i don't think i'm allowed stick a satelite on the house.

sky+ needs a satellite, it's basically a box that will recieve sky, record sky while watching another sky station, pause live tv (handy if doorbell rings), gets rid of video taping programs and can record programs series with one click of a button

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

but it needs a satelite:(

LundiMardi wrote:
    but it needs a satelite:(

'fraid so. there are other boxes out there that do similar bar pausing live tv i think. they are called PVR boxes, i'm not totally clued up on the whole area myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

If your looking for an alternative, there are a good bit of HDD recorders on the market with/without DVD recorders.

Sky+ is handy in the respect that you can use an existing system and have a personal recorder behind it all and the fact that it's as simple as 1+2.
    This is one of the reasons why it is so popular.
    If you can afford it, what's wrong with the needing satellite. Are you in a restricted area?

Advertisement