Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All year round plants??

Options
  • 02-08-2006 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

Ive just moved to a new place that has a bare patch directly under the window which i want to put some colour into. I want to stick to pots as im renting and paying enough already without doing up her garden too!
    At the mo i have a few geraniums etc and a few creepers but these will die off soon. Is there anything suited to pots that will give me some colour all year round? Ive no expierence so all advice welcome
    Thx !:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

Hello Dreamer 7.
    The following pot plantings will suit your need.

Pot 1. centre plant with a dwarf variegated Rhododendron, plant the edges of the pot with combination of Saponaria ocymoides (soapwort) and Lamiastrum (golden dead nettle)

Pot 2. centre plant with Lavandula angutifolia "Hidcote" (english lavender),plant the edges of the pot with combination of Saponaria ocymoides (soapwort) and Lamiastrum (golden dead nettle)

Pot 3. centre plant with Sedum "Autumn Joy" (Ice plant),plant the edges of the pot with combination of Saponaria ocymoides (soapwort) and Lamiastrum (golden dead nettle)

Year round colour from leaf and blossom.
    Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Dreamer 7

Wow Im gonna have to print that off and bring it to the garden centre with me as I have no idea but it sounds good! Thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Hi Irish Gardener. Will keeping an 'Autumn Joy' in a pot stop it from getting congested? I have that problem with one at the minute.

Unfortunatly no, MargeS.
    In some cases it would speed up the clumping of Sedum.

Divide your overcrowded Sedums in autumn or spring.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Irish Gardener your a useful poster to have about the forum, seems like your the 'rooferPete' of gardening as I don't think theres much you can't answer. Good advice all round ;).

• Advertisement

Thank you, delly.
    It is an honour to even be mentioned in the same sentence as 'rooferPete'. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

delly wrote:
    Irish Gardener your a useful poster to have about the forum, seems like your the 'rooferPete' of gardening as I don't think theres much you can't answer. Good advice all round ;).

I agree, 100% :)

Advertisement