Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea naughty again!!

• 02-08-2006 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/5238558.stm

Leeds owner Ken Bates has reported his former club Chelsea to the Football Association, Premier League and Fifa over three alleged illegal approaches.
    Bates claims Chelsea signed youngsters Michael Woods and Tom Taiwo after making illegal approaches - and failed in their attempt to sign Danny Rose.

"There is a dispute about, in our opinion, the blatant breach of the Football League rules," said Bates.

Chelsea have yet to make an official comment in response to the allegations.

More soon.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

They are a cancer on football and the sooner they're dealt with once and for all, the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

If it looks like Chelsea are losing, they will just pay him off. Bates is the ultimate business man, and will happily take cash over a points deduction, unless of course he can get both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Illegal approaches happen all the time, I'm sure Chelsea can expect to be dealt with the same way any other team would be. Or maybe not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Do chelsea have a suspended points deduction over the Cole Saga ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

wardie wrote:

yeah, 3 points suspended

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

wardie wrote:

they got away with a fine on that one too.

Jayus, I totally forgot thay got that. So if they are foung guilty on this those 3 point deduction will come into play straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i dont understand this. The two lads chelsea signed from leeds were 16, therefore they didnt have a professional contract. Arent they free to speak to any club and move to another club if they want?

Chelsea will have to pay compensation. This is just an attempt by Ken bates to get more then the 200,000 they offered already.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Well first off no the players can not just move clubs if they are 16. Here is the official FA ruling on the matter:
    FA Rules wrote:
    (iv) Neither a Club nor any person shall induce or attempt to induce such a Player on a Scholarship to leave the Club for which the Player is registered"

The fact is that this has been going on ever since the lads were tapped up. Two lads decided to move and one didnt. Chelsea offered 200k as compensation which Bates turned down as he was annoyed at what went on. I think its quite obvious to all that Leeds will be looking for compensation for the players but Bates has been adament that he wants Chelsea punished in a way that will hurt them and not just them being fined. Thats why he is looking for a 12 point deduction, 3 for Ashley Coles suspended sentence and 3 for each of the Leeds players.

Bates is no idiot and would not start this if Leeds didnt have a case. Danny Rose, the player who didnt move to Chelsea, can tell everyone exactly waht went on and also Gwyn Williams, Chelsea's scout and head of youth developent, ha sjust moved to Leeds so there is no doubt that he knows what went on and Leeds will find it out.

Some people are saying that bates is waging a personnel vendetta against Chelsea because he doesnt like the way the club is being run now but im not so sure about this. As long as Leeds dont get dragged through the dirt somehow or made fools of hen I dont care.

Fact is Leeds have a very good case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Ken is just fishing for cash, you'd think he'd got enough off RA already.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

growler wrote:
    Ken is just fishing for cash, you'd think he'd got enough off RA already.

That may be so but doesnt change the fact that Leeds have a good case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,337 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I saw a figure of £26 million being quoted as the amount he wanted fom Chelsea. Don't know if there's any truth in it, and the chances of getting that are virtually zero, but if he was successful that would solve an awful lot of our finacial woes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i think chelsea would prefer to take a 3 point suspension. Going by the last 2 seasons it wouldnt make any difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Ken Bates, the man who has had a gripe against Roman and the Chelsea set up ever since he left. He is just fishing for money and I'd bet there is very little in this story.

Looking at the rule about 16 year olds moving club. Would Ryan Giggs (yeah i know long time ago) not be illegal for United under that ruling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Pique, Rossi to United?
    Fabregas to Arsenal?

Barcelona were pissed about Fabregas and Pique.
    I'm sure Parma weren't too happy about Rossi moving either.

Why are Chelsea the only ones in the spotlight here? Most Premiership clubs tap up scholars.

Is it just me or is everyone having a go at Chelsea because they are Jealous they have more money then anyone else? United and Arsenel have done the same too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

evilhomer wrote:
    Pique, Rossi to United?
    Fabregas to Arsenal?

Barcelona were pissed about Fabregas and Pique.
    I'm sure Parma weren't too happy about Rossi moving either.

Why are Chelsea the only ones in the spotlight here? Most Premiership clubs tap up scholars.

Is it just me or is everyone having a go at Chelsea because they are Jealous they have more money then anyone else? United and Arsenel have done the same too.
    Chelsea have been accused of breaking the rules. I don't think either Arsenal or United were ever accused of same. Chelseas transfer policy has been conducted recently without taking into acocunt rules: Ashley Cole, Obi Mikely now these 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

TheMonster wrote:
    Chelsea have been accused of breaking the rules. I don't think either Arsenal or United were ever accused of same.
    First of all it's an accusation as regards these three,
    TheMonster wrote:
    Chelseas transfer policy has been conducted recently without taking into acocunt rules: Ashley Cole, Obi Mikely now these 3.
    Now it is fact, or is it just your opinion?

There are gross similarities between the transfer of these youth players and that of the likes of Pique, Fabregas, Rossi and I'm sure plenty of other players from all clubs in the league.

I would wager nothing will come of this because I'm not sure if they have done much wrong. There are many loopholes that can be exploited in order to essentially poach young players, and until the FA/UEFA firmly close these the big clubs will always be the winners.

So under what rules does Fergie having secret meetings with Stam and the endless years of sending Joe Coles united jerseys with his name on them fall perfectly within?

Smacks to me of another jump of the Chelsea witch hunt bandwagon.

First of all it's an accusation as regards these three,

Now it is fact, or is it just your opinion?

There are gross similarities between the transfer of these youth players and that of the likes of Pique, Fabregas, Rossi and I'm sure plenty of other players from all clubs in the league.

I would wager nothing will come of this because I'm not sure if they have done much wrong. There are many loopholes that can be exploited in order to essentially poach young players, and until the FA/UEFA firmly close these the big clubs will always be the winners.
    Maybe Utd and Arsenal were inside the rules and Chelsea ar now outside - I would imagine Barca would not allow breaking of the rules lightly.

iregk wrote:
    So under what rules does Fergie having secret meetings with Stam and the endless years of sending Joe Coles united jerseys with his name on them fall perfectly within?

Smacks to me of another jump of the Chelsea witch hunt bandwagon.
    No smoke without fire - If Chelsea did nothing wrong then they have nothing to fear. (wonder why they paid 12M to Utd over Mikel:rolleyes: )

I wonder why united let the whole thing go... but lets not go here we alread had this discussion is a monster thread a while back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

TheMonster wrote:
    Maybe Utd and Arsenal were inside the rules and Chelsea ar now outside - I would imagine Barca would not allow breaking of the rules lightly.
    Yes maybe maybe maybe.

So lets wait and see before making factual statements such as their conduct as regards these three is outside the rules.

Something tells me that if Ken Bates was still the man behind Chelsea and they were currently the dominant force in England you would be dismissing his claims as coming from and old man with nothing better to do than stir the pot, because we all know that's what he is good at.

iregk wrote:
    I wonder why united let the whole thing go... but lets not go here we alread had this discussion is a monster thread a while back.

I notice something about Chelsea fans - when accused of something - they never admit Chelsea might be wrong but immediately go on the offensive about something else and drag the tread off topic.

Lets get the facts straight - we are not talking here about what Utd/Arsenal whoever may or may not have done in the past. This is talking about Chelseas alleged illegal approaches to 3 Leeds players. If anyone else had been guilty in the past then it still does not make what they are alleged to do ok. Correct e if I am wrong but haven't the rules been tightened recently?

TheMonster wrote:
    I notice something about Chelsea fans - when accused of something - they never admit Chelsea might be wrong but immediately go on the offensive about something else and drag the tread off topic.

No what tends to happen long before this if you actually read the entire thread is that as soon as the words Chelsea and alleged are mentioned the witch hunt begins and you get stupid comments like "cancer to the footballing world" etc... basically guilty until proven innocent.

Regardless of what Chelsea fans say as a club we are guilty end of story and the thread invariably ends up in "don't know how you can support them". So in an attempt to defend ourselves we occasionally have to point towards other peoples clubs and remind them that you are not clean yourselves so think of that before you start jumping down Chelsea's throat...

p.s. you were the one who brought Mikael up into this, a case I have consistently said both clubs are guilty...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Pique, Rossi to United?

Rossi cost 200,000 in a bid that while Parma were unhappy about, was totally above the board.
    Pique was bought when he was 17 also.

Fabregas afaik was bought from Barca before he could sign a professional contract, his contract was unprotected, but i dont think they ever broke the rules.
    said both clubs are guilty.

Well you'd be wrong. United did absolutely everything above the board in that case, which is the reason why Lyn eventually sold to us aswell, because CHelsea ****ed up with their arrogance. After United snapped him up perfectly fairly, all the **** hit the fan.
    The fact that Chelsea paid United 12 million is undisputable proof that they were in the wrong and that United did infact own Mikel for that period perfectly fairly.
    Unfortunately in days of player power, it's very difficult to force a player to play at a club.
    Also all the legal and sporting decisions in that period supported United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

iregk wrote:
    No what tends to happen long before this if you actually read the entire thread is that as soon as the words Chelsea and alleged are mentioned the witch hunt begins and you get stupid comments like "cancer to the footballing world" etc... basically guilty until proven innocent.

Regardless of what Chelsea fans say as a club we are guilty end of story and the thread invariably ends up in "don't know how you can support them". So in an attempt to defend ourselves we occasionally have to point towards other peoples clubs and remind them that you are not clean yourselves so think of that before you start jumping down Chelsea's throat...

p.s. you were the one who brought Mikael up into this, a case I have consistently said both clubs are guilty...

Well said .... even the title of the thread implies that this is fact as opposed to an accusation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

ruination of football and probably the world

(shakes head despairingly)

the real worry for me is not the allegation but why the hell anyone from Chelsea is going anywhere near Leeds in the first place.

growler wrote:
    the real worry for me is not the allegation but why the hell anyone from Chelsea is going anywhere near Leeds in the first place.

Because the two players you stole from us are very very good and have huge potential. Taiwo especially was been touted around by fans as a brilliant prospect.

Advertisement