Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book 7, when's it out?

Options
  • 02-08-2006 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know when book 7 will be avalible for sale?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Someone told me two years from now. I can't wait that long, so they had better be wrong. As long as my "isn't really dead" theory pans out, it'll be cool.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Argh, this should be a sticky!

It's speculated that it will be released on the 7th of July next year, ie., 07/07/07.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Faith wrote:
    Argh, this should be a sticky!

It's speculated that it will be released on the 7th of July next year, ie., 07/07/07.

hee hee Faith I knew youd be all over this one!! yes it should be stickied!!!

*starts to think Faith lives in the walls of the HP forum*** :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Are we really going to have to wait that long??? :eek: :(

TheGooner wrote:
    hee hee Faith I knew youd be all over this one!! yes it should be stickied!!!

*starts to think Faith lives in the walls of the HP forum*** :p

:o

I'm just subscribed to the forum, so I know as soon as there's new posts without having to go into the forum.

Me for moderator! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Recon wrote:
    Does anyone know when book 7 will be avalible for sale?

No.

And I really mean that. No-one knows. Not the readers, not the publishers, not Rowling....no-one.

Until the book is finished being written and edited and is basically ready to go to the type-setting stage, any date you get will be - at best - someone's educated guess. More likely it will be a marketing exercise.

Faith wrote:
    :o

I'm just subscribed to the forum, so I know as soon as there's new posts without having to go into the forum.

Me for moderator! ;)

Damn Right! Seconded!!

Me for your second in command!!! :D

bonkey wrote:
    No.

And I really mean that. No-one knows. Not the readers, not the publishers, not Rowling....no-one.

Until the book is finished being written and edited and is basically ready to go to the type-setting stage, any date you get will be - at best - someone's educated guess. More likely it will be a marketing exercise.

Well it is my belief that the book is written and she is editing herself as we speak!!!! :D

I doubt the book is finished yet. You have to allow 6 months for the publishing process to take place, so if speculation is accurate, she still has a good 5 months left to finish it.

She probably does have the first few drafts done, though.

Faith wrote:
    I doubt the book is finished yet. You have to allow 6 months for the publishing process to take place, so if speculation is accurate, she still has a good 5 months left to finish it.

She probably does have the first few drafts done, though.

Yeah thats what i man, the drafts are done and now she is re writing ect...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Qhile I'd say most of the first draft is done, I'd wouldn't say for certain that it's finished. She'd said in the past that she'll find it hard to let go of harry and finished the book. It's going to be much longer than the others probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

takola wrote:
    Are we really going to have to wait that long??? :eek: :(

Curse my love af the HP books...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

In a way, I don't want it to be released... cos when it is, thats it! No more Harry Potter... We'll never again have the anticipation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭berengar

I think I remember reading last year that it was finished
    and was being released in summer 2007, and that was a BBC news story
    so that should be pretty reliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭tickledpinkfair

Its def being release 7/7/07 she picked that date, notice all the references throughout the book to the number 7?? 7 horcluxes etc......

anyway didi you hear on the news the other day cos of the security now on the planes your not allowed hand luggage well J.K was trying to board a plane and she had the ONLY copy of book 7 with her, there was a big thing over her putting the book down in the hold cos of the no hand luggage rule.....but she held onto it...go her....

interesting fact: the last word of book 7 is ment to be "scar"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

I

interesting fact: the last word of book 7 is ment to be "scar"

Perhaps something like "Harry gazed at his reflection, grabbed his forehead and exclaimed in surprise 'Oh, did everyone else notice that I have a scar?'" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

Hermione scraped her knee.
    "Ow. I think this might leave a scar."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 hydomel

I really wish she'd hurry up
    Thére'll be more books after 7, I can't see her giving up now that she's richer than the queen.

Advertisement