Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for a Mixer Shower

Options
  • 02-08-2006 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭

I am putting a bathroom into my attic as part of a conversion. I will need to replace my hot water cylinder. I am planning to put a mixer shower into the bathroom. Am I better off putting in a unit with a built in pump such as a Triton or a mixer valve with a pump in the hot press.
    I know that the built in unit is a better price but does the other give a better shower effect?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

I finished my house last christmas and its safe to say the BEST Thing I ever did was put in a 3 bar pump in the hot press for the shower feed(s). I'm not sure if it would be economical for one shower but believe me, the power you get from a proper mixer shower connected to a 3bar pump is abosolutely brilliant. I'm so chuffed with mine I grin like a fat(?) cheshire cat everytime I use it...

Used to have a triton t90i pure dripping tap effect in comparison.

The downside to this approach is you need to install an immersion and its not instant hot water... I got a way round that by installing a timer on the immersion for the mornings :D

FBP..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

If you go down the road of installing a shower pump ,make sure it's a negative head shower pump ,you'll know it's a negative head because of the vessell attached to it. It will do hot and cold in the bathroom/ensuite.
    Mira showers are good if you are installing a pump.

Or the sloppy way to do it
    You could also install a mains/electric shower ,taken direct from the mains water in the attic, but it means running a fat cable all the way down to the fuse board. And then you also need hot water at the basin ,which would have to be an instant hot water device under the basin.

Monsoon pumps are great.

Advertisement