Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is feedback...

Options
  • 02-08-2006 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Firstly i just wanted to say that this website is the dogs balls, and it has to be one of my top ranking Irish websites out there, absolutely brilliant, so well done to whoever is the brains behind it. I love this community involvement where everyone gets together to help eachother out, its just brilliant, rock on!

The second piece of feedback is that i have found the website very slow over the past week or so, i dont think that its my connection as everything else, even other heavy duty sites are loading fine and i have a 2meg connection. Maybe you are updating things or whatever but i just wanted to let you know as it has sometimes taken a minute or more to load some pages, with the occasional timeout. I just thought id let you know...

Keep up the great work, i love it!

Regards,

Kudos Head ;)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've had a slow connection recently. Didn't give it too much thought until you pointed it out. Could it be, perchance, an increased number of attorney's cruising the threads for items to sue boards over? :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

jomanji wrote:
    Could it be, perchance, an increased number of attorney's cruising the threads for items to sue boards over? :D

Highly possible

My connection is also very slow today, I'm guessing one of the Admins is playing with a server or some such....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

You are kidding about the attorneys surely? I am hoping so but somehow i feel that theres reason behind it... You would imagine people would have better things to be doing...

Ro

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ha!

rule 1.

no thinking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The less said about lawsuits the better, no kidding. :) I think last Friday was the most users on boards at once ever, over 1,500 at the one time. Certain times of day of course, when people are on their lunches and such are particularly heavy.

• Advertisement

Howya Ruu, ive been reading your blogs of late, its actually the reason why i signed up on journals.ie

I suppose 1500 people will slow things down a lot, its great to see such an interest in the website!

Ro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Welcome, Head! Make yourself at home! :)

Yeah boards gets very slow every so often, we just grin and bear it -- that's all we can do unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

It's nice to see positive feedback as opposed to the usual, I got banned, but it wasn't my fault.

While we are on the subject, I think it's only fair to give the mods a mention, for they work they put in. I at one stage thought of trying to become a mod, but I honestly can't see how I would get the time to do what they do, not to mention stick the abuse they tend to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

damn.
    i was hoping for the usual "i wuz banned and *insert mod name here* is an asshole and i want my money back, even dough i didnt pay none nd de mod shuld be friedd omg lol smbfb".

welcome aboard the good ship boards.ie. it's nice here sometimes. depends on the weather.
    i think the slowdown has to do with the fixing of the css problem that caused the whiteout over the last few days.
    it'll most likely be sorted soon.

Head wrote:
    Howya Ruu, ive been reading your blogs of late, its actually the reason why i signed up on journals.ie

I suppose 1500 people will slow things down a lot, its great to see such an interest in the website!

Ro

Brilliant, someone reads my rubbish, ranting and whinging then. :) Indeed welcome to boards, its nice to see posts like these once in a while apart from the usual "upset" user.

As always pimping the subscription system, if you enjoy boards and you think its worth it feel free to subscribe. (features are listed in the Newbies/FAQ forum under System):D

• Advertisement

on the subject of subscribing, can i subscribe with a 3v card?
    i'll be buying something next week for €31, meaning i'll have €9 left over. that's enough for a month, right?

Yep you should be able to use that will Paypal, you'll have 4 squid left over. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Welcome to boards? He has been here since '04. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

So have you....sure so have I for that matter. :)

As siad, it's nice to see a little positive feedback every so often.

Time to hand out the cookies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Yep this site is great, good way to post about a lot of things :)
    damn January 2005 haha

Welcome to boards? He has been here since '04. :)
    so he has. i just looked at the post count and saw 19.
    damn, i've been here 2 years too.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Now I feel old.

Skool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Head wrote:
    Firstly i just wanted to say that this website is the dogs balls,

Never heard that as a good expression before

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Wha'? Dog's bollox = brilliant. Are you a native?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ANother one of those furry sayings...
    They are taking over slowly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Shabadu wrote:
    Wha'? Dog's bollox = brilliant. Are you a native?

I always prefered the expressions the Bee's knees and the cat's pajamas myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

each to their own eh?

I was trying to be polite in saying the Dogs Balls as opposed to the other, the moderators are watching you know! :D;)

Yeah i have been around since December 2004, i know i dont have a big post count yet but im working on it. Originally i flitted in to try and solve an issue with Eircom phonepoints if i remember correctly. At that stage i hadnt really investigated the site very much and didnt realise how good it was, but of late i have seen the light :cool:

No doubt i will be subscribing to some extent soon, ill see what i have left after the bathroom makeover :eek:

Ronan

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Thaedydal wrote:
    I always prefered the expressions the Bee's knees and the cat's pajamas myself.

no no no
    it's the bee's knees and the spiders ankles!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Beruthiel wrote:
    no no no
    it's the bee's knees and the spiders ankles!

Yes, yes, yes it is indeed the bees knees and the spiders anlkes! Thank you :D

May as well add that I've been around boards nigh on eight months now and have been very active (all eyes on the post count) on many forums. I had never heard of boards before and since I moved to the UK two years ago I was looking for a way to connect with lots of Irish people and find out what was happening locally as opposed to the regular media. Lo and behold, Google gave me boards.ie and I'm glad it did :)

So strange to see a positive feedback thread I thought I'd add my 2 cents.

Advertisement