Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age of Empires III

Options
  • 02-08-2006 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

It's possible to download a trail version of AOE III on microsoft.com, but does anyone know if this is the full game which expires after a certain amount of days or is just a demo version???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭peteym

It's possible to download a trail version of AOE III on microsoft.com, but does anyone know if this is the full game with an expiration after a certain amount of days or just a demo version???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Microsoft wouldn't like it if you're thinking what I think you're thinking.

AFAIR, its a demo with most game modes disabled. I think there may only be one playable campaign.

boo microsoft :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Its a demo, what were you expecting?

• Advertisement

I'm too tight to go out and buy the game and its been ages since I've played AOE and I really miss the days of starting to play the game at 1pm then realising its 1am - ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pimpy_c

I don't think AOE III lives up to to either of the previous titles. Tbh, the original one was the best and each sequel has only disappointed. Don't bother with it and go buy Rise of Nations or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Microsoft wouldn't like it if you're thinking what I think you're thinking.

Its ok someone who thinks a demo is actually the full game thats locked isn't going to do M$ any harm. Its the people who DON'T ask questions like this that you have to worry about.

I personally thought AOEIII was ok. There was nothing really new to it but a good laugh none the less. Fighting russians, looking for the fountain of youth, enlisting various S.American tribes to help you throughout history to find it. Some of the levels where monotonous but it makes up for this with the online play. Customizing your home city like pimp my ride or something was the only thing I thought was ridiculous and unneeded.

Advertisement