Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facial Hair

• 02-08-2006 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

I'm starting a new job. It's only for a month. The dress code has been described as business/professional dress. When I went to the interview I was clean shaven. I really don't like shaving my chin, because a few years ago I faceplanted of a bike, and my chin has a scar on it. I don't like shaving over it. I usually wear a goatee. One of the guys interviewing me had a sort of under chin Van dyke thing going on, if you know what I mean.
    My hair length is clipped to a one(1/16th i think). Do you think I'd be ok with a goatee if i keep it neat?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

I'm starting a new job. It's only for a month. The dress code has been described as business/professional dress. When I went to the interview I was clean shaven. I really don't like shaving my chin, because a few years ago I faceplanted of a bike, and my chin has a scar on it. I don't like shaving over it. I usually wear a goatee. One of the guys interviewing me had a sort of under chin Van dyke thing going on, if you know what I mean.
    My hair length is clipped to a one(1/16th i think). Do you think I'd be ok with a goatee if i keep it neat?

Yeah, same dress code where I work and I have a full trimmed beard and short hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I work as a consultant and the majority of the places I've worked have had a "smart business" dress code. I dress smartly (suit etc) , but I have long hair thats tied back and is past my shoulders and a long goatie beard.

In all my years I only had a problem with one manager who said he thought it made me look "unapproachable", but after a nice legal threat and some words with HR he soon changed his mind. ;)

No one has any legal right to dictate how you wear your hair of facial hair in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Cool, that's a relief to know. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

KTRIC wrote:
    No one has any legal right to dictate how you wear your hair of facial hair in work.

Unless you have the word "cock" (or similar) shaved into the back of your head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

6th wrote:
    Unless you have the word "cock" (or similar) shaved into the back of your head.

How would that effect your productivity in work ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Who said anything about it affecting productivity, i was responding to the comment about no legal right to dictate how you wear your hair. Obviously if its offensive they have grounds for making some sort of comment or requesting action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

KTRIC wrote:
    How would that effect your productivity in work ??

I dont think it would effect your productivity but people would think your a dickhead though. Thats bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

The guards have regulations regarding hair appearance, including no beards, and Im sure they outlaw hippy like hair in men. Ditto the army.

So on the subject of facial hair, ladies, do yis dig it or not? Havent shaved in a week and Im liking the look tbh. However one bird I know told me she thinks young lads with facial hair just give a couldnt be bothered image and she wouldnt go near one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Posted by The Gopher:
    So on the subject of facial hair, ladies, do yis dig it or not?

If it is well- maintained. Not scraggly looking (as a garden in need of weeding because it is creeping beyond its parimeters).

Keep it fresh and trimmed, and the ladies won't complain. At least I won't.

L4L

Advertisement