Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAM Upgrade

Options
  • 02-08-2006 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭

I didn't want to hijack the other thread so I'll keep it quick. I'm looking into getting some more RAM. At the moment I'm running an AMD FX53 (soon to be a 4800+ X2) on an Asus A8N-SLi Delux with 1GB OCZ Gold PC4000 (2x512MB) and with nothing really overclocked.

I have my eye on a 2GB kit of similar OCZ RAM but tbh, I'm not to sure which one to go for. The last four here look tempting but is there THAT much of a difference between the Gold and High End Platinum kit? Well, enough to warranty the extra €40? Note, as you can see I'm not a mad OC'er but I do like my games, outside that I'm grand. So, recommendations please? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Platinum has slightly better timings. Wont make much of a difference unless u oc. Get the gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

As a matter of interest, if I kick the FX53 from 2.4GHz to 2.6GHz would I be at any disadvanatge with the Gold?

Advertisement