Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gorey BT Broadband Problems

• 02-08-2006 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

:confused::confused:

Hi

I have been reading of broadband problems in different areas and thought I would add my story of my area (Gorey).

I have a BT 2 MBps connection and last week noticed that the connection speed was down to .2mbps download speed (the upload speed was normal at .2mbps). Called BT Broadband support. On the phone for half an hour checking different things. They said they would have to get Eircom to check the line.

Eircom checked the line and said there was no problem. Got a call from BT (voice mail) saying that it was probably my modem and I should check this out? So spent the whole weekend restoring the factory settings and reprogramming the modem to no avail.

On Monday I was left another message that BT considered the problem closed. I had to ring them to say No it was not. Got another technician and repeated the whole process again of line testing and Eircom testing again.

Today BT were on again to say that there was probably a voice quality problem and that I should get in touch with the land line fault reporting (I am renting the line from BT also!) and that they would have to investigate this. Called BT land line section (1904) and was told that they as of today did not deal with this sort of problem and that I should call the BT Broadband Tech support!!!!!!

I am a patience person but this is getting ridiculous.

Anyhow just giving my story in case it is of any help to anyone else

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

What speed is your modem synching with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 the dead parrot

The modem is connecting at 2048kbps (I am not sure what you mean). When I did a line test I got 10-13 % quality of service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Then there's nothing wrong with the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fisher

I'm also near Gorey (Riverchapel) and I've been having similar performance problems with UTV internet for a few weeks now. Averaging something like 450Kbps on a 2Mb service.

Advertisement