Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Stove

Options
  • 02-08-2006 5:08pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭

am putting in a Waterford Stanley oil stove into a new room.

worked out the room needs 15k btu.

the Oisin gives out 20k & the Tara 27k btu.

I like the look of the Tara over the other but is 27k too-much for a room that only needs 15k. I know there are other variables (windows/insulation etc) but was just wondering on over-kill.

Also, do I have to have the internal flue fitted - even though the chimney is flue lined already -

Any other good makes around ??

thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Karl,

I will leave this for later if you don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Karl,

I think most people who install an oil fuelled stove are looking at the convenience of no ash, cleaner operation etc, of couse they all want to be sure the stove will heat the room.

I don't do business with Stanley, nothing against them in fact I like their loyalty to their existing retailer some 6 miles from me,it makes for good business not to have too many retailers bunched together.

The reason I mention this is I expect that you can control the heat output from both stoves to suit your comfort level.

So while the Tara has the extra output it should not mean you have to use it all, I would advise that you check with your retailer about the controls.

Regarding the flue a flexy pipe is recommened to line the the existing flue for both gas and oil the main difference to watch for is the cap at the flue pot, they are different for oil and gas.

I hope he above is of some help.

Advertisement