Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where and when to buy? Qtek 9600/Moto Q/700w

• 02-08-2006 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi all,

Could do with a bit of advise. I hope this is the right forum, otherwise feel free to move.

I'm looking to buy a sim-free smartphone in the next week or two. Don't want to wait much longer. Key features I'm looking for are (1) WM5 (2) Good push email support (3) Quad Band (4) Good Battery life (5)

I'm considering 3 options:

- Motorola Q (GSM version is not anononced yet). Expansys accepts pre-order, no price annouced.

- Treo 700w (Rumours Vodafone will support it - or something based on it). Nowhere to be found yet.

- HTC TyTn//Qtek 9600. Available now from Expansys for Euro 754.95.

Questions:
    1. Tytn is my 3rd choice, but Q and 700w are not here yet. Any info about their launch?
    2. Any alternative seller other than Expansys you would recommend?
    3. Any good/bad experience with TyTn?
    4. Anything else I should know.
    Thanks,
    Butch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Mervenut

TYTN looks like a good bet, if very expensive as a sim free option.
    The T700w looks like a long way off, and i'm not sure they even do a GSM version?
    I have purchased from Expansys in the past without any problems.

If you are in a hurry, and you sounsd like you are i'd go for the TYTN.
    good luck,
    Mervenut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Tytn looks to be next week or week after.

Ipaq 6915 looks like it meets your specs too

http://www.expansys.ie/product.asp?code=132494&tab=2

So does the older non-3g version of the Tytn (Imate K-jam in this case)

http://www.expansys.ie/product.asp?code=125518

I've just got a Qtek 8500 which also meets all your requirements, but I presume you are looking for a keyboard too??

Just got it from Expansys, they are good if not the cheapest, and only have 14 days warantee before they refer you to the manufacturer, which is technically illegal to my knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Butch

Thank you all for your reply. I considered the Ipaq 6915, but HP support has a reputation of being worst in class, plus the 6515 has really poor battery performance...

Anyway... The TyTN is on its way now from Expansys. A bit expensive indeed, but hopefully worth every cent. It is expensive allright, but worth every cent... And, I need it for my job can't really wait to become cheaper.

Advertisement