Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

text formatting in photoshop

Options
  • 02-08-2006 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

wondering if someone could help me out, designing the packaging for a DVD at the moment, how do i format a paragraph of text so the sentences all end at the exact same point ? so i have something like this

text text text text text text

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I think you're talking about 'justifying' text? Where no matter what you write it appears as if it is spaced within a box, like a newspaper.

I don't think you can do that with a new version of Photoshop. You may be able to do it with Illustrator but I can't get justify to work on my version 10. For packaging the best software for text/imagery (as far as I have heard) is Quark Express. And as far as I understand people don't use Photoshop for packaging purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Gordon wrote:
    I think you're talking about 'justifying' text? Where no matter what you write it appears as if it is spaced within a box, like a newspaper.

I don't think you can do that with a new version of Photoshop. You may be able to do it with Illustrator but I can't get justify to work on my version 10. For packaging the best software for text/imagery (as far as I have heard) is Quark Express. And as far as I understand people don't use Photoshop for packaging purposes.

Spot On Gordon.

You need quark or Illustrator

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Instead of clicking where you want the txt to start, click and drag. This will draw the box you want your txt to appear in. You then click justify in the character/paragraph settings box.

Btw: unclick Hyphenate at the bottom of the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

from a print point of view though it really is worth using quark/illustrator/indesign as the way text will be 'rastered' in photoshop results in a lower quality print

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

heggie wrote:
    from a print point of view though it really is worth using quark/illustrator/indesign as the way text will be 'rastered' in photoshop results in a lower quality print

Really?? I didn't know that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

yep, swatches are hard to assign in photoshop, also usually the text will be rastered & anti aliased.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭crybaby

i would agree with you but in this case it really does that make any difference, thanks for all the help lads

Advertisement