Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New ATM for Charlesland

Options
  • 02-08-2006 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

I just received information that Planning Permission has been granted by WCC to install an external ATM next to Sean Graham. See the attached photo

Ground Floor Layout ATM Charlesland.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭hc

Sounds good. The ATM in Superquinn always seems to be Out of Service when I really need to use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

I agree, its always out of service on Fri & Sat night. Thank God for cashback, otherwise I'd never have any money for a taxi outta here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Out of service most likely because the staff in Superquinn don't bother filling it. Compare its downtime to the ATMs on the main street.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

It's not the Superquinn staff that fill it, its securicor guys. Its only a portable ATM which means it has lower capacity and lower security.
    Any word on the date for the new ATM?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

I wasn't given a date as to when they will install the external ATM, sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Mullie, I think it is Superquinn staff that fill it. When it is a standalone unit in a shop I think it is the shop staff that fill it, when it is an ATM in a wall outside a shop then it is Securicor. For example the ATM that was down at the Shell station would have Securicor filling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Superquinns ATM was out of order today and had a big stand in front of it. When I asked the girl what the story was with it she said they were getting rid of it. Any one know what the story is with the new one we are supposed to be getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

It's royal pain in the a**e. All I know is that planning was granted for the external ATM in August 2006. As to who or what happens after that, I'm at a loss. Sorry!

No bother plenty just annoyed the one in superquinn is gone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I asked the manager in Superquinn (I think he was a manager, he was wearing a tie!) if the machine was being removed and he said no. Apparently it's just out of order and should be fixed by the end of the week.

• Advertisement

Well the left hand doesn't know what the right one is doing down there cos a checkout girl said they were getting rid of it. Not to worry sure it was out of order half the time anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Just looking at the Council's website...It appears the planning was granted back in August and believe it or not Kathleen Kelleher made a submission...she's one of the county councillors...wonder what she said?!

Zapi are the applicants and I take it that they own the shopping centre so it'll be up to them for when they start building the ATM bunker.

The planning application number is 06/5668 if anyone wants to look at the file down in Wicklow Town's Council Offices.

There were three conditions on the permission and can been seen here

http://www.wicklow.ie/eplan/letters/upload/17102006-D550-2015595668g.doc

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

The machine is definitly gone for the time being unless they can get anyone else to fill it for them because at the moment their insurance won't cover them. Hopefully the external one will be put in soon

Advertisement