Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stolen Cars

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

prospect wrote:
    Its hard to call, isn't it...
    Think I will start a thread on this.

agreed, performance car is very hard to nail down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

franksm wrote:
    Presto !
    http://mx5ireland.com/members/frank/theft

Take your pic, but 2004Nov was the anus-horribilis. It speaks volumes that, even though my car spends 1/2 its time in evil old Belfast, it seems completely safe there. It's only in Dublin that it attracts the scobes

I wasnt able to open the May 2006 vids, but did they try to get it or did they get it in the end??

Did the coppers not come up trumps at any stage? You live in Ongar dont you? The odds are they spinned down from 'de blanch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭babybundy

mloc123 wrote:
    do you realise how hard it is to "just set off the air bags"? Its not a case of kicking the bumpers. Air bags work on sensors that detect sudden change in speed eg. 60mph-0mph, not impact sensors.
    tap the axil with a hammer merc or bmw hire the biggest know car thief in germany and said if you can get into the car you can keep it and it was top of the range no strings attached he said ok but i must be on my own in the room they were hardly out the door and the thief was inside beeping the horn with the engine running now he had the kinda stuff like in gone in 60 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

babybundy wrote:
    tap the axil with a hammer merc or bmw hire the biggest know car thief in germany and said if you can get into the car you can keep it and it was top of the range no strings attached he said ok but i must be on my own in the room they were hardly out the door and the thief was inside beeping the horn with the engine running now he had the kinda stuff like in gone in 60 seconds

Now when you say tap the axle of a BMW or Merc what do you mean? Keeping in mind that both of these are rwd cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Lexus1976 wrote:
    List for The most unsecure cars in each category ?

I remember hearing that for 2004 the two most stolen cars in Ireland were Honda Civics and Golfs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Sizzler wrote:
    I wasnt able to open the May 2006 vids, but did they try to get it or did they get it in the end??

Did the coppers not come up trumps at any stage? You live in Ongar dont you? The odds are they spinned down from 'de blanch

The May-2006 ones just show a couple of scobes (beer bottles in hand) checking out the car in the wee hours, but the alarm scared them off. I think a couple of the lads are local (loads of appartments in the area) since they disappear VERY quickly while their mates are indeed from Corduff.

The cops from Lucan were *great*. They caught one of the hood-rippers a few months later in a stolen car and slapped him for damaging my car at the same time. That added 6-months to his "holiday".

Just shows you how a cheap alarm can help - my trick was to remove the stickers from the windows of the car, so probably they don't know what type it is and therefore don't know which method to use to get around it. An alarm is only good if the owner can hear it though - no-one else is ever going to respond to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Amanda21

What you all need is a Citroen C3 Pluriel Sensodrive. I have one of these and during a burglary at my home both sets of keys and the key code card were stolen. Even with these items they were unable to start my car!!

They got in with the key, sat baffled for a while and left on foot.

Just goes to show that these criminals lack intelligence and clearly didn't do their homework before attempting to steal my prized possession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

407 Coupe is in no way a performance car.

Who cares?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

unkel wrote:
    Are you reading what others have posted at all? Any car can easily be broken into by throwing a brick through the window :rolleyes:

The overwhelming majority of cars stolen these days fall into:

1. Old banger that has no immobiliser. Easy to drive away by hotwiring - used for joyriding
    2. Nearly new car stoled to order - driven away using the car keys (stolen first)

There used to be another category where powerful sedans were being stolen to be used in armed robbery etc, but that died off when these cars were being fitted with immobilisers about a decade ago, so this category fits into the second group above now

Ratings of which car is harder to break into are utterly pointless imho

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

franksm wrote:
    The May-2006 ones just show a couple of scobes (beer bottles in hand) checking out the car in the wee hours, but the alarm scared them off. I think a couple of the lads are local (loads of appartments in the area) since they disappear VERY quickly while their mates are indeed from Corduff.

The cops from Lucan were *great*. They caught one of the hood-rippers a few months later in a stolen car and slapped him for damaging my car at the same time. That added 6-months to his "holiday".

Just shows you how a cheap alarm can help - my trick was to remove the stickers from the windows of the car, so probably they don't know what type it is and therefore don't know which method to use to get around it. An alarm is only good if the owner can hear it though - no-one else is ever going to respond to it.

Nice to see some of these spunkers got done. The guy in the pics looks all of 15 :eek:

You would love to pop them in the back of a van, administer some of your own justice and dump them in the arsehole of Kildare in the black of night, might make them think a tad harder the next time. You reckon they were after your car for a jant or was it "marked" for someone who liked it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Sizzler wrote:
    You reckon they were after your car for a jant or was it "marked" for someone who liked it?

Reckon if they were pro, they could have taken the car easily enough - no driveway etc. Since Jap cars of a certain vintage are very easy to hotwire, these guys were just out for kicks I think

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Lexus1976 wrote:
    :rolleyes:

Profound post. Now did you make your mind up yet? Do you want your car not to be stolen or do you want your car not to be broken into? Or do you not acknowledge those are different things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭babybundy

unkel wrote:
    Profound post. Now did you make your mind up yet? Do you want your car not to be stolen or do you want your car not to be broken into? Or do you not acknowledge those are different things?
    tie a rotteweilier to one ide of the car and a pit bull to the other and that should stop the smash and grab a radio and contents job :D:D

Advertisement