Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFH fitter ...

Options
  • 02-08-2006 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Guys,
    I have an UFH kit arriving from a crowd next week ... These people have a recommended installer which they say would fit it in a day ... Gave him a call for a price .. About 44 euro/sqm ... I have 64 sqm :eek:
    2800 for a days work !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Viking House

Is it electric or water pipe?
    How much was the kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Salem

Water pipe and cost 2375 euro + vat ...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

That is what they charge, out house is 2100 sq foot. Warmfloor wanted 8300 to supply and install, I bought the piping myself for 4400 and did it myself.

Does this price include laying the concrete?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Any plumber worth his salt should be able to do it for you. Don't ask for a per metre price. Ask them to price it for you for the full installation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Wigster

The company should provide you with a schematic of the of the pipe runs and zones. Ask them for a copy.( they will have it when they worked out their calculations) I got a friends help because I thought I was also being ripped off. One long day (tie wrapped the pipes) Got an installer to come back and pressure test it for €80.

We have our own barometer pressure testing kit which we bought in Heatmerchants for €100, we use it also for testing gas pipes.

Advertisement