Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you play Football and for what club?

• 02-08-2006 7:42pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Seeing as the new season is about to start for all of us footballers I thought it would be interesting to see how many people on this board actually play football and for what club. You may as well say what position you play too. Might give us a bit more insight into your footballing knowledge :)

Anyway I play for Dalkey United in LSL and I play centre midfield.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Dunno yet but right wing and in the nightowls league.

pick me! pick me! pick me!

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'm hoping to get back into football this season. Normally play at the back or in the middle.

Just have to find a club to showcase my talents. :)

Stekelly wrote:
    I'm hoping to get back into football this season. Normally play at the back or in the middle.

Just have to find a club to showcase my talents. :)

Setup a nightowls team http://www.astro.ie/(I have kids and stuff so cant play weekends and working so this suits me)

I get you a long sheepskin coat if you pick me :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I play as a hard-as-nails (and some think crap) CB in an 11-aside work league in London. I find it pretty tough, but fun as there's lots of different nationalites & different styles around :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Yea I've been playing football since i was 9 & i am now playing for Carbury SC 1st team in Kildare’s CR Wynne Feeds Senior Division.

We're not a bad side were runners up in two cup competitions and 3rd in the league last season, we had the treble in our grasp at one stage but blew it big time :(

I now play as a striker but spent most of my underage days at left-back or on the left wing.

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:
    Setup a nightowls team http://www.astro.ie/(I have kids and stuff so cant play weekends and working so this suits me)

I get you a long sheepskin coat if you pick me :D

kdjac

At the moment I play 5 a side Fri, Sat & Sun (2 indoor, 1 outdoor) but want to play as much as possible. TBH i'm more of a joiner than an organiser. so I'd be all up for joining a team that someone set up.

Stekelly wrote:
    At the moment I play 5 a side Fri, Sat & Sun (2 indoor, 1 outdoor) but want to play as much as possible. TBH i'm more of a joiner than an organiser. so I'd be all up for joining a team that someone set up.

Me too lets find someone else (btw the games are in 3 Rock just off m50 )

Any budding managers here ......LMAO < funny if you think about in the context of here.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Me too lets find someone else (btw the games are in 3 Rock just off m50 )

Any budding managers here ......LMAO < funny if you think about in the context of here.

kdjac

Right is this an official thread hi-jack or should a new thread be started looking for a manager and players? If so, get one going.

If people have to pay up front they will generally turn up every week.€1500 between 15 or so people isnt a lot.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Stekelly wrote:
    Right is this an official thread hi-jack or should a new thread be started looking for a manager and players? If so, get one going.

Get out of my thread :p

I can arrange sponsorship and kit.

Im sure others here have jobs that would also do it.

Kingp35 we are aspiring to be in your thread so it makes sense :p

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:
    I can arrange sponsorship and kit.

Im sure others here have jobs that would also do it.

Kingp35 we are aspiring to be in your thread so it makes sense :p

kdjac

Getting sponsorship would be great. TBH I think we should still collect €100 a head to assure commitment. Otherwise people start dropping out after a few weeks. It could be held onto and used for a big piss up or some such at the end of the season. If we cant get a full commited 15 from boards, I can get a couple to flesh out numbers. Decent players too.

KingP .The thread has been lost forever, let it go.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

maybe some of the people from the boards weekly soccer game that was running before the summer would be intrested, could be worth having cormie send around a chain email if he still has peoples details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Nenagh AFC(often referred to as Nenagh Town) , I play left back for youths and as a winger for the seniors . Was born right footed but am pretty much dual footed nowdays .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

play for kinsale AFC. left/right (mostly left) winger.

cork aul premier champions for a few years running. kinsale should be at a higher level, but lack of facilities/finance/(plus willingness to get out of the comfort zone too i'd imagine) holding the club back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

I have no team :( Kdjac, SteKelly, im in too. I live near 3 rock, so i would be well up for it, because i havent played competitive footy in god knows how long!! I can also get a few lads if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Have not gone back this year due to work commitments but was playing for St Marys (ucl) in central midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

I played the last 3 seasons with Farm United - Dun Laoghaire. Didn't sign back this year due to other commitments.

Would love to play for the boards team but I just don't have the time this year:( :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Ahh I might be playing with a local side if I dont go over to Edinburgh for college or dont head down to Cork for college but I will find out on 21st where I will be headin!!

I started off in Goals :eek: but now for the last 9 r so years I have been playing full back(either side but I mostly end up playing on the left). Was playing a game in Oriel Park a few weeks ago and I was playing centre half didnt like it one bit but I did like the way I didnt have to do as much running :D Then at half time I moved to centre mid(my fav pos) and set up two goals. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Depending on the location of training and time, I might be interested in joining
    the boards.ie team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'd like to be part of a boardsie team.

I'm a bit of a mix between Ronaldinho and Roy Keane, with a bit of Franco Baresi thrown in too.

• Advertisement

seansouth wrote:
    I'd like to be part of a boardsie team.

I'm a bit of a mix between Ronaldinho and Roy Keane, with a bit of Franco Baresi thrown in too.

Not much of a goalkeeper eh? Sorry, not interested. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

eamoss wrote:
    and I was playing centre half didnt like it one bit but I did like the way I didnt have to do as much running :D
    Bingo! That's exactly why i play there :)

Stekelly wrote:
    Not much of a goalkeeper eh? Sorry, not interested. :D

Should the team arise i have a keeper who will play and loves playing in goal :eek: , needs to work on some things but oher than that a decent shot stopper.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Anyway back on topic,

I play for New Oak Boys in Carlow. Centre midfielder by trade but looking like a role at CB this year.

KdjaC wrote:
    Should the team arise i have a keeper who will play and loves playing in goal :eek: , needs to work on some things but oher than that a decent shot stopper.

kdjac

Good stuff. I was a keeper up till under 16's and still play there when we need a keeper for competitve 5 a side, so I can be sub keeper when needed.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I used to play in goal for Manor Farm FC mainly. We were a very average junior club to be honest but it was competitive enough at the level they played at. Before that I played for AC Killann, who were absolutely crap but they have a few Brazilians, Polish, and Romanian's playing for them now so they are crap in style.

The better teams I played for was Shamrock Rovers U15's and NECSL U14's, but that was only for 3 or 4 games. I quit when I was 16 to play Gaelic football, which I enjoy far more to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

Will be signing up for Shiven Rovers (Newbridge, Co. Galway) over-35s next season. It's a summer league so I've got a good while to try and get a bit fitter!
    Full-back (can play either left or right)

Del

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Play in goal for Castlebar Celtic, but up front for our inter firms soccer team. Could be a bit of a trek up to the big smoke for a Boards team me finks! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Have always played in goal. When I was younger played for my local teams soccer and gaa in goal. Also played for a few B teams for many years. Now I just play 5 a side Astro soccer in goal suprisingly enough. Would be interested in playing 11 a side Astro, for a bit of craic, not into the serious side anymore. But would depend on which days/ times its on at it.

email: discostu192001@hotmail.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement