Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which X800??

Options
  • 02-08-2006 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

If anyone can help me i'd really appreciate it.

I'm upgrading my PC from an Albatron 7300GS, I'vwe decided to go with an X800 but with all the different types which should i choose?

I narrowed it down to 2 cards on "www.lowestonweb.com."

The 1st is an ATI radeon X800 Crossfire 256MB PCI-E (master)with16pixel pipes

The 2nd is Powercolor X800GTO 256MB PCI-E with 12 pixel pipes.

The first is my preference as they're both within a tenner if each other. the problem is I'm unsure as to wether the 1st is a normal card or purely for crossfire?

Here's the URL

http://www.lowestonweb.com/Products/ProductList.asp?e=527402D0-85DC-4ECE-B12B-5466480B4B8F

someone please check out the 2 cards and tell me which 1 would b more advisable.

Sound out.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Neither unless you really really want them for a specific reason.

Both cards are previous generation DX9 cards & out performed by more current cards. The Crossfire version is for ATI's dual GPU feature but Crossfire on the X800 series was a buggy affair however the card will work as a standalone unit. The X800GTO is an even slower version of the X800 & the Crossfire X800 is actually an X800XL which isn't great either.

Get yourself a 7600GT for €192 best mid-range card available at the moment, a 7600GT is faster then both of those cards.

F.E.A.R benchmarks with X800XL, X800GTO & 7600GT
    1024x768
    1280x1024

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

shortie989 wrote:
    I narrowed it down to 2 cards on "www.lowestonweb.com."

Not to sound crude, but why are you going from forum to forum trying to shill this website? From what I can tell there is no information about it besides what is on the site, all of which could have been copied and pasted from nearly any other hardware e-tailer site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 shortie989

tanx, the 7600GT looks llike a decent card, good prices on Komplett.

the only reason i was lookin at the X800 was because it seemed good value 4 money, but i didn't relise about the shader model 2.0

tanx:)

P.S wats krazy 8s, problem dats jus d site i was lukin at, i was only askin 4 a hand boi.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

shortie989 wrote:
    P.S wats krazy 8s, problem dats jus d site i was lukin at, i was only askin 4 a hand boi.

Ahh ok, its just that there are alot of people that will put up a site form a template, copy and paste info and then rip people off before dissapearing into the wild blue yonder. The fact that their are no google referances to the site other then the site isnt a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 shortie989

oh clever, tanx 4 d heads up i wasn't sur wat u meant at 1st.

I just saw it in Custom PC so i tried it,

I decided on a 7600GT from an irish site anyway so shud b okay. Tanx:)

sorry bout d confusion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

There was a vanilla X800 out for a while I believe hence the missing tag at the end much like NVIDIA used to release parts without a tag like the 6800 and 6600 SKU's but they were too confusing to consumers so they both try to refrain from doing this anymore at the mid to high end segments.

It still happens at the low end of the market though even with ATI's X1K and NVIDIA GF7 series.

Advertisement