Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best IBB Alternative - Dublin

• 02-08-2006 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

So IBB are rubbish according to most people commenting here. I was gonna get the Breeze 1Mb but now I'm not so sure!

Who should I go with (for around 35 euro a month)?

I have no need for a telephone, so wireless appeals to me.

Is anybody happy with Digiweb or NTL?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

darraghk wrote:
    So IBB are rubbish according to most people commenting here. I was gonna get the Breeze 1Mb but now I'm not so sure!

Who should I go with (for around 35 euro a month)?

I have no need for a telephone, so wireless appeals to me.
    You can get 1MB DSL from BT for 35 euro a month, inclusive of line rental.

The only advantage of Breeze, for those who are in a position to choose between Breeze and DSL, is that Breeze has higher upload speeds.

But Breeze no longer has a price advantage for people for whom a phone line is pure overhead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Foxwood wrote:
    The only advantage of Breeze, for those who are in a position to choose between Breeze and DSL, is that Breeze has higher upload speeds.

Theres the cap too. BT has a 10GB download limit on the 1Mb package. IBB doesn't. 10GB is more than enough for most internet users that just use it for surfing and a few downloads. But there are many users that would do > 10GB a month. (I've a couple of mates on 10GB plans and I'm getting to the stage where I'm going to tell them to get stuffed if they ask me again to download some files because the files would put them over their 10GB).
    But the other BT plans have bigger caps.
    2Mb limit: 20GB (€40pm)
    3Mb limit: 30GB (€50pm)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think the best value if you can get is smart BB. OK it's a nightmare to get set up, and the staff don't seem to know what they are talking about but the product is good, costs 35/pm and you get 3M line. No download limit either and no line rental.
    Not widely available however.

NTL would be my second choice, though I am now in Rathmines and can't get either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 darraghk

Thanks a lot for those suggestions.

I plan on doing a lot of downloading so the 10GB limit won't suit me.

I'm going to look into Smart Telecom.

If that doesn't suit, I may chance IBB, my friends have it on the same street and it works well for them!

Advertisement