Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which X800??

Options
  • 02-08-2006 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

If anyone can help me i'd really appreciate it.

I'm upgrading my PC from an Albatron 7300GS, I'vwe decided to go with an X800 but with all the different types which should i choose?

I narrowed it down to 2 cards on "www.lowestonweb.com."

The 1st is an ATI radeon X800 Crossfire 256MB PCI-E (master)with16pixel pipes

The 2nd is Powercolor X800GTO 256MB PCI-E with 12 pixel pipes.

The first is my preference as they're both within a tenner if each other. the problem is I'm unsure as to wether the 1st is a normal card or purely for crossfire?

Here's the URL

http://www.lowestonweb.com/Products/...B-5466480B4B8F

someone please check out the 2 cards and tell me which 1 would b more advisable.

Sound out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Aim for this 7600gt. When you add in tax and shipping on that other site it is not as cheap as you would think. Plus no idea what the RMA policy is.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

X800 ~= GF6800

You'd be downgrading your capability wrt shader versions.

I'm an x800xl owner.

Either wait, get more money or buy a 2nd hand high-end current gen card from one of the clockwhores on this board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 shortie989

does the 7600GT outperform the X800? looks good if it does!

u mean shader 2.0 as to 3.0, thought the difference was bareley noticeable?

SM1/1.1 is being defined as the 'baseline', with SM3.0 being touted as the high-end.
    SM2 doesn't really get a look in.
    SM4 and DX10 are around the corner.

Oh, and OpenGL is still alive and kicking.

DX 10 and SM 4 already?

twas only last year that SM 3 was a big deal, ye mayb i'l get d 7600GT it'll keep me up 2 date 4 longer, prob b worth d extra money

• Advertisement

No, not already. But on the horizon.

Read the "Tech sites" sticky for links to some essential daily reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Joeface

I have an X800GTO 256mb (HIS)

Tis good card no complaints with it so far. I have it 6 months now. Plays BF2 with every thing on high no lag or anything.

The first is a normal card. And prob the better over all with 16pipelines and having a master crossfire would be handy if u went to upgrade again, with a CROSSFIRE Motherboard and a second ATI card at some stage.

ye i was lukin at d HIS version but u need an extra slot for the cooler to expel air, if i installed it i'd have 2 restrict airflow as my PCI-E slot is at the top of the slots on my board

the X800 is a good card but the 7600GT looks more worth it for the long run.
    :)

o ye i'm sellin a GeForce7300GS on adverts.ie if u want or no any1 who wants 1

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

I have a X800XT PE. AGP. Works weel for me. But it's clocked so high already that you won't get much more out of it unless you go sub ambient cooling!

Advertisement