Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maybe Someone can help???

Options
  • 02-08-2006 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi all I'm hoping somebody can help..................
    I'm looking for work experience I'm entering my 3rd year of a degree course in Interactive multimedia with a particular interest in digital media, Photoshop, film making and sound if anyone can help it would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭sdssarah

do some research on companies you like, their work and philosophy etc. and then contact them directly. just tell them about yourself, that your in college, etc etc and that you want some work experience, send this sort of cover letter along with a cv, or link to some sort of work you have done.

then after emailing them a week or two later, give the company a call. although its a bit late in the summer to only be looking now, a lot of people will already have interns/placements, but you still may as well try.

anyways hope that helps, thats how i got work experience last year and now im working freelance this year (im a graphic designer) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Barcode

Thanks, I've been doing that and I'm looking for work experiance in april may and june of 2007, is it still too late though?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭sdssarah

just be persistent, if people saying "maybe" then call them back to remind them, try and persuade them to take you on, something thats in their best interests and yours, after all you can help out with projects and things, and you benefit with experience.

there are hundreds if not thousands of design firms out there, so make sure you don't limit yourself to just a few, i think when i was looking for experience i emailed/called somewhere between 50-100 places in Dublin and only got a few good responses!

and don't get too down when people saw no, just move on and ask others, thats about all the advice I can give, i think the part about being persistent and eager is most important, if you keep calling back then they are sure to remember your name.

good luck

Advertisement