Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Apologies

Options
  • 02-08-2006 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

Now that I've been granted a return to Motors from "Chokee" (as the mods so endearingly refer to banishment from this fair forum!), I wish to apologise to anyone whom I offended with my earlier comment (the one what got me exiled for a week!).

If I had realised the sensitivity of the issue, I would have refrained from making such an unreserved slur.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

i dont recall

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

is the old posted deleted? must have missed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Any chance of a link to the post in question?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

A Garda rant if I recall, let it lie

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

ninty9er wrote:
    A Garda rant if I recall, let it lie

I'm curious, wouldn't mind a look at the thread. By the way, is it just me or used we be able to search for posts by user?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

It wasn't a Garda rant; it was basically telling another user to grow up!

ish!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

oops sorry, mixed up me!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Something to do with puberty, as I recall. I wouldn't ahve banned ya, but then again, I'm a former convict too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Missed that. Any link to the thread / post or was it deleted?

From your other posts, you don't seem to be the kind of person to commit bannable offences and banning is pretty rare here except for personal abuse or multiple-trolling. Perhaps you just stepped out of line?

Anyway, nice of you to apologise and welcome back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Thanks for the welcome back!

Overdriver - spot on!

Unkle - it was deemed a personal abuse! I dare not risk further incarceration by posting a link!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Anan1 wrote:
    By the way, is it just me or used we be able to search for posts by user?

There have been numerous problems on boards.ie for nearly two years now. The powers that be seem to be blaming these on the search functionality. From time to time the search function is completely disabled, partly available in a very rudimentary form (like now) or fully enabled

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I got banned on AH for a month for personal abuse,to someone who abuses anyone who steps in there way,there's no justice:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

unkel wrote:
    There have been numerous problems on boards.ie for nearly two years now. The powers that be seem to be blaming these on the search functionality. From time to time the search function is completely disabled, partly available in a very rudimentary form (like now) or fully enabled
    Was wanting to ask about this. There used to be another search button in thread tools I think and that allowed you refine your search to a particular forum and username, but I can't find that any more.

The search as it is right now is as good as useless. All you can do is type in a word and it comes back with millions of threads from every forum. Might as well get rid of it if that's all that we can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Fey! wrote:
    I dare not risk further incarceration by posting a link!!!
    Technically shouldn't a ban from Motors be excarceration?;)

Welcome back.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Welcome back Fey!
    Now be a good boy or I'll send Jeff & Andrew after you!*

*private joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Grovel grovel ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

dubtom wrote:
    I got banned on AH for a month for personal abuse,to someone who abuses anyone who steps in there way,there's no justice:D

I got banned from AH permanently. A certain MOd abused me, and when I returned some abuse back (childish, i know), he banned me! So I agree, there is certainly no justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

On the serach engine thing, we're stuck with it for the time being, my only suggestion is to subscribe to every thread you contribute to.

Go to Thread Tools at the top and click subscribe

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

Ah right Mike, cheers. I know it's nothing to do you with you, just having a bit of a general moan about it. :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

mike65 wrote:
    On the serach engine thing, we're stuck with it for the time being, my only suggestion is to subscribe to every thread you contribute to.

Go to Thread Tools at the top and click subscribe

Mike.

I haven't tried it but Im sure you could also search using google by typing your search term and then adding in site:www.boards.ie/vbulletin

• Advertisement
Advertisement