Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seats Re-covering???

Options
  • 02-08-2006 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Can anyone give me some links to any good places that re-cover seats, I'm particularly looking for someone who will re-cover my seats in leather!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I recently had a convertible hood fitted by a trimmer by the name of Gerry Killeen near Bray. I can't vouch for his upholstering skills, but the job he did on my hood was excellent. Out of interest, what car is it for? It won't be cheap, have you looked into the possibility of just replacing the seats & door cards with ones from a car with leather?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

A friend of mine bought a full leather interior for a mondeo on ebay, and we drove over and collected it. Worked out a fraction of the price of getting it done here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

There is a vehicle upholsterer in Inchicore called Nolans that can do magic things to an interior. I haven't dealt with them in a while but they were always top notch.

Failing that try Cartronics in Santry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Cartonics do a fantastic job - have seen many of their leather jobs and it's hard to tell the difference from factory fit.

Autoglaze also do leather seats, seen a couple of their jobs and they were top quality as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Anan1 wrote:
    I recently had a convertible hood fitted by a trimmer by the name of Gerry Killeen near Bray. I can't vouch for his upholstering skills, but the job he did on my hood was excellent. Out of interest, what car is it for? It won't be cheap, have you looked into the possibility of just replacing the seats & door cards with ones from a car with leather?
    Its a 00 astra sport & it probably wont be worth doing anything with it but a guy can dream cant he!!!

I plan on keeping the car for another 3/4 years until I finish college & just think that it would look great with leather seats, no harm in enquiring anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

R.O.R wrote:
    Cartonics do a fantastic job - have seen many of their leather jobs and it's hard to tell the difference from factory fit.

Autoglaze also do leather seats, seen a couple of their jobs and they were top quality as well.

I didn't know Autogalze did leather - and they call to me at least 3 times a week to fit phone kits! Thanks - thats good to know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Zenith Automotoive I think they are called do an excellent job!! Zenithautomotive-087 6233236

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Try the classic car forum too. im sure they would know of more places you can get pricing from.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

dceire wrote:
    Its a 00 astra sport & it probably wont be worth doing anything with it but a guy can dream cant he!!!

I plan on keeping the car for another 3/4 years until I finish college & just think that it would look great with leather seats, no harm in enquiring anyhow.

For a car of that age, I'd definitely go the route of getting the interior out of another one with leather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Russian guy called Oleg was touting for business at the Terenure classic show a few weeks back. His contact details are at www.oleg-g.com, his samples looked great and prices were cool.

haven't contacted him myself yet but will probably do so after summer

• Advertisement
Advertisement