Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Daddy!! AKA Mercedes 560SEL!!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

15000 euros!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More 3 or 4000 euros, ffs they're not that good. I had two of them and sure, they were a nice car and good to go but try going around a corner and they were all over the place. I remember looking at an S600 which was belonging to Ben Dunne and it was armour plated and bullet proof but the guy who had it wouldn't sell it, I wonder if its still in Ireland? I think the guy who owned it worked for AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Nice car, but that is absolutely crazy money. I was tempted by a 1 owner 50,000 miler on eBay around 6 months ago, that went for under STG£5,000 as I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

A lot of owners used to install diesel engines in them (especially the old Nissan Patrol 2.8? ones). They used to look great until they started on a cold morning. There are a few still taxiing in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Larry Goodman had one in the late 1980s with four! carphones in it. Liam Lawlor also had one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

A lot of owners used to install diesel engines in them (especially the old Nissan Patrol 2.8? ones). They used to look great until they started on a cold morning. There are a few still taxiing in Dublin.

Uggh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

A guy that rented a room near us had an 81 as a hackney a few years back.

Can't imagine the MPG left any profit

ninty9er wrote:
    A guy that rented a room near us had an 81 as a hackney a few years back.

Can't imagine the MPG left any profit

That wouldn't have been a 560, as that engine only came in in late 1985. Still, even a 500 is quick when wound up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

think it was a 280 but still its a huge block of engine especially at 81 technology

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats a mad price when you can get a 1996 e 280 with similair spec for about 8 grand.

Mike.

If I were spending €15,000 on an old Mercedes, I'd be looking for a nice 500E. That'd keep its value too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Lovely. One of my favourite Mercedes of all time. But as others said, that price is silly

I'd say the only owners to stick that Nissan diesel in them were taxi drivers. Much prefer to be driven in that than in a Corolla though...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That's a W140 though, none of the looks of the W126.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

unkel wrote:
    I'd say the only owners to stick that Nissan diesel in them were taxi drivers. Much prefer to be driven in that than in a Corolla though...

Seen one or two farmers with them also fitted with Nissan Patrol/Toyota Land Cruiser diesel engines and gearboxes, the old Jag XJ6/XJ12 were retro fitted like this also. Great torque from those engines for pulling big horse boxes, the combination of the Merc body and comfort plus the Jap diesel engines meant they usually lasted for years.

bazz26 wrote:
    Silly money being asked for that one.

Even that one's expensive, I sold my 94 one three years ago for 6000 euros.

@junkyard, please stop using your phone as a camera

Spare a thought for us here clicking on your links? :)

I'm not, I'm reducing the quality of my pictures because Mike65 told me to and he already banned my use of camera phone.:) I'll have to start adding viewer descretion to my photos.

junkyard wrote:
    I'm reducing the quality of my pictures because Mike65 told me to

You must have got the wrong end of the stick. You generally seem to attach images, in which case anyone on the thread can see the size of the attachments before they decide to click on it or not.

So please do not reduce the quality of the pics in future! BTW if I am to believe the article I read the other day, there are 47 houses left in Ireland that are not on broadband yet :eek:

They must be in a really deprived area

Ok, will do. As regards broadband, I'd say they're a lot more than 47 houses without broadband, thats just more FF propaganda. They're not spending enough money on broadband here in Ireland, lots of places still can't get it. I have it for years and couldn't live without it now.

junkyard wrote:
    I'd say they're a lot more than 47 houses without broadband, thats just more FF propaganda

I was only messin' :)

There must have been a quick and silent revolution over the past year or so. Even middle aged culchies in remote areas of Ireland seem to have access to broadband now, isn't that right, Mike? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Junkyard I was messing! Well half-messing, most phone-cams are still pretty ropey.

Mike.

Advertisement