Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Minor soccer ireland please help ???

• 02-08-2006 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Ok guys i really need to find out wat the age for minors and wen have u gotta be a ceratin age by this is important for my club nxt season?? Pllease help

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

What do you mean minor? What age are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

17 man , im on about the next level after school boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Either pro or one of Irelands many many local leagues, where do you live?
    http://www.aul.ie/
    http://www.lsl.ie/
    kdjac

i live in limerick m8 i need urgently need to kno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

where i live you must be under 18 on 1st of january of the year of the start of the season.

So if your looking to start now you shud be ok.

• Advertisement

well i seemed to be spoofed my our so called manger , sayin we have to play juniors even tho wen i was 16 last year i played minor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Minor is basically the same as what Youth is for soccer . except I think you can be a few months older than Minor requirements and still play Youths .

thts wat i thought , we shud be in youth div2 but he says we have to play juniors is this tru?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

i'm not sure because in our league its just u-18's and then senior

ours is u-17 minor juniors , but he seems to fed us aload of bull i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Chubb76 wrote:
    thts wat i thought , we shud be in youth div2 but he says we have to play juniors is this tru?

Why would yee have to play juniors ? , if yee play juniors players of any age are included .

i dont kno man , its confusin me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I am involved in Limerick football so heres the score:

Under 7s up to Under 16s - Schoolboy Football run by Limerick District Schoolboy League (LDSL)

Under 17s - Run By Limerick District Management Committee (LDMC)

Under 18s (Called Minors) - Run By LDMC

Junior Leagues (over 18s) - Run By LDMC

There is nothing in between minor and junior in local leagues. There is an FAI u-21 league but last season there were only 2 Limerick teams in this. Dont know about this season.

If you are 18 on/after January 1st 2007 you are eligible for Minor football this season.

If you are 18 before January 01st 2007 you can only play Junior football.

Advertisement