Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your bike!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Here we go again....

Well it's been a while , and I've added engine bars, a Remus carbon exhaust, and a Bagster tank protector. Anyone guess where the photo was taken?

I want one. I will have one.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

sutty wrote:
    Ah no way, so where you at the Ducati BBQ as well?

Nope, didnt head to the ducati bbq. A few of us met up that morning and it was just a messy morning, we couldnt decide where to go and we were loosing people, so AJ and 1 of the other lads turned around and went to Ducati, i would have gone with them but by the time i realised they were well gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

My new Yamaha Dragstar 250:

dscf0001gp1xj4.th.jpg

This was shortly after it was delivered.

dscf0014rk7tg2.th.jpg

Another in the garage.

This was posted in another forum, others have the reg showing and I am too lazy to blur it in PSP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

dscf0001gp1xj4.th.jpg

dscf0014rk7tg2.th.jpg

Another in the garage.

This was posted in another forum, others have the reg showing and I am too lazy to blur it in PSP.

Congrats, good choice ;) .

I hope you have many happy years with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

dscf0001gp1xj4.th.jpg

dscf0014rk7tg2.th.jpg

Another in the garage.

ahh legend, as K-trick said she a beaut, cant say i like the red my self, i perfer mine in black.

could of things to note though, be very very very !!!!! carefull in the wet/rain, those tires really dont like the water, and u will slip and slid, even when breaking in a straight line.

U have a huge turning circle, so judge you're corners b4 you go to them.

Get used to the width of the bars on her also, it takes a little time but u'll be able to filter after say 5 - 6 months.

I'm not sure how much experience on bikes u have or if you're done any courses, but ure more than welcome to pm me at any stage with questions ok

now go put sum highway hawk pipes on it and u'll be laughing :)

• Advertisement

I have a year on a scooter, so its the gears and its size which are what I must get used to. I have now ridden it for some for moderately long distances. That said I have to think too much when using the gears - it is not fluent yet. I probably take corners almost too slowly - I am now aware that turning is not as simple as it was on the scooter. I will be doing the first part of some training that hopefully will cut my insurance with Aon tomorrow.

I also will get an alarm on Tuesday. A chain, disklock and alarm will deter a thief. I am also having a screen fitted, which inclusive of the screen itself will cost around 150. The screen is in chrome and a Yamaha part, but I suspect that I did not get great value on that item.

I might ask one or two things of you, thanks a million for offering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

p1010040vw3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭MizzKattt

Not the best picture, but I realized that I didn't have but a few of my bike without me.

Those are two nice bikes!:D

I have a year on a scooter, so its the gears and its size which are what I must get used to. I have now ridden it for some for moderately long distances. That said I have to think too much when using the gears - it is not fluent yet. I probably take corners almost too slowly - I am now aware that turning is not as simple as it was on the scooter. I will be doing the first part of some training that hopefully will cut my insurance with Aon tomorrow.

I also will get an alarm on Tuesday. A chain, disklock and alarm will deter a thief. I am also having a screen fitted, which inclusive of the screen itself will cost around 150. The screen is in chrome and a Yamaha part, but I suspect that I did not get great value on that item.

I might ask one or two things of you, thanks a million for offering.

sounds like ure doing alright so far, but the screen on the 250 looks like crap, just an fyi ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

MizzKattt wrote:
    Not the best picture, but I realized that I didn't have but a few of my bike without me.

WHOA !!!

Leather,

Woman,

Nice Bike ;)

Are you married ?? :D

KTRIC wrote:
    WHOA !!!

Leather,

Woman,

Nice Bike ;)

Are you married ?? :D

lucky i refreshed there i was about to post the same :)

Dr4gul4 wrote:
    sounds like ure doing alright so far, but the screen on the 250 looks like crap, just an fyi ;)

I saw one on a 650. It looked ok chromed which I how I am getting it. If it doesn't work visually, it will be a lesson learned, for not that much, as it is not as pricey as I thought, and I should be able to sell it on if I need to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

what speed does a dragstar 250 do?
    i presume about 70 - 75...not much need for a screen tbh.

im not sure about the alarm either, ie, dont spend all your cash on it.
    low cc cruisers arent the most nickable bikes around,
    in fact ive had trouble almost giving my 125 virago away for the past 2 years.
    [if anyone has any magic beans feel free to pm me ;) ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Finch-

211851881a1644099126b837850803l.jpg

''The savage 75'' :D

Just married to my bike. She and I just took a romantic vacation to Deal's Gap. There are 318 curves in 11 miles.

deals-gap-map.jpg

Here we go again.... :rolleyes:

Well it's been a while :D, and I've added engine bars, a Remus carbon exhaust, and a Bagster tank protector. Anyone guess where the photo was taken?

Beautiful bike and background. I'm a big fan of the BMWs. Although being only 5 feet tall, there's no way I could ride one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

MizzKattt wrote:
    Beautiful bike and background. I'm a big fan of the BMWs. Although being only 5 feet tall, there's no way I could ride one.
    Thanks.. You could always try out an F650GS! and I think you're backgrounds would trump mine, if you sent on a few pictures from that twisty map [hint, hint ]

The location (seeing as no-one guessed!) is Meenogahane Pier, near Causeway, in Co. Kerry (You were nearly correct MunsterCycling, you just got the wrong Causeway!). Captured as part of the Boyne riders Photo Rally. Anyone else doing the photo rally? Here's the rest of my photo rally pics.
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Prehistoric Kerry :rolleyes:

Never would have guessed that, thought the wheel hadn't reached there yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 e2rd

Funny how this bike looks bigger than it is. Was parking it today and some guy getting out of his car said "Nice bike, is it 600 or 800cc?" while it's only 400. Good camouflage :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The average Joe has no clue at all about bikes. More than once, I was asked was my CBR600 "a Harley-Davidson". You couldn't pick a bike that looked less like one :rolleyes: Didn't know whether to laugh or cry to be honest :)

Scrap the cap!

Agreed. Because my bike has been lowered, I've been asked if it's a 250. When told its actually a 600, it's usually met with shock.

Very nice pics there, Krusty Clown. Looks like you and your bike had a romantic get away as well.

The map I posted is an infamous highway around here. Several professional photographers make camp and take shots of the area and riders. The most popular photographer is a rider himself. You can view his pics of any weekend on that road at www.killboy.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

PICT0366.jpg

My 650 "thumper" cruiser in its current sate, it will be getting a new paint job very soon, as I dont like red. And no its not a "Harley Davidson" as the man in the street asks...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

The new SV.

Will be getting a belly pan and a tail tidy soon...

L.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

02364.jpg

the definition of true retardedness?
    america, **** yeah!!!!!

:/

T5MattBlackRat.png
    Vespa T5 Matt Black Rat

My favourite old scooter as driven in 2004. It now lives up in Antrim somewhere and has been restored to original showroom condition by its new owner, bah :eek: ...Gone but not forgotten!!

And remember kids,
    matt black willl get ya back,
    but chrome won't get ya home...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

really like the matt black look, nice & mean :)

OT does your savage tend to overheat alot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

subway wrote:
    the definition of true retardedness?
    america, **** yeah!!!!!

:/
      Cracking road though..:eek:
      have a lookie here.
      Warning:190MB Video file - May cause nausea.

I have to do it sometime. Now, where the hell is it? :confused:
      Ahh, Here it is. (GoogleEarth)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Could you post a screenie of the co-ords Crusty, don't think google has made a Linux Version of Google Earth yet so the link no workie...

/Sits and waits for someone to point to glaringly obvious link to GE linux version...

• Advertisement

Madrab, I've only driven the "savage" a few time since buying it in may. Yep it has a tendency to get very hot after 20 minutes. I haven't really gone into the engine and carb yet and started jetting it to help with this issue. Been to busy with other things...:(

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement