Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BT BB - belkin modem connects at 1024/128

• 02-08-2006 10:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My new Belkin modem/router shows a connection of 1024/128 down/up although my subscription is 2Mb download.

Does anyone know what could be the prb?

The modem has a parameter called MTU and the max value is 1454. Is it related?

Cheers,
    Jeff

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It may be throttled by a setting on the modem or by BT or by eircom, did you ever connect at 2Mbits ??? tis not the MTU or its cousin the MSS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Jeff Bond wrote:
    Hi,

My new Belkin modem/router shows a connection of 1024/128 down/up although my subscription is 2Mb download.

Does anyone know what could be the prb?
    Do you still have the BT modem? What does it say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

Sponge, I don't know if I was getting 2 MB before. I should have run a test.

Fox, I dont have the original modem (I didnt request it). But it's a good idea, I ll install a Modem and speed test my connection.

Thanks

Esat forgot to upgrade my connection speed, that's why I was stuck in 820 kbps.

At least, I am thankful to their support for clarifying this for me and take appropriate action:

Esat support:
    "...Upon further investigation yesterday I found that your connection speed is limited to a 1Mb connection although you have been paying for a 2Mb connection. Your broadband connection was due to be upgraded in January of 2006 but due to a complication the upgrade never took place..."

Thank you for the suggestions lads.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Are they going to refund you the difference?

• Advertisement

dub45 wrote:
    Are they going to refund you the difference?

Yes Dub45, that's what they said they were going to do. Refund backdated from Jan.

I will keep an eye on it.

It's freaky. I only realised my connection was too slow because my new modem shows the speed. If my older modem wouldn't have died on me, I would probably have continued to pay for a faster connection than the one I actually have!

Advertisement