Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Build

Options
  • 02-08-2006 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

Just a quick run over this if u don't mind....

Komplett
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz Socket LGA775, 4MB, BOXED w/fan €325.01
    312204 Creative SB X-Fi XtremeMusic PCI, Retail €119
    320721 OCZ Platinum PC2-6400 EL XTC 2048MB Kit, DDR2, 240 Pin, 800Mhz (4-5-4-15) €205
    pc-look.com
    Optical Mouse for Gamer - Switchable DPI - X-1300 - MS-X777 €20.99
    Power Supply - Thermo-Regulated 12 cm Fan - Silence(Seasonic) - 600W - €148.99
    microdirect.co.uk
    Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 PCI Express motherboard €206.246
    Antec P180B (black case) €133.544
    Saitek Eclipse Gamers Keyboard €41.3007
    Samsung SH-W162C €38.0172
    Gainward GF Bliss 7900GT SLI 512mb DDR3 - €362.347
    320 GB Seagate Barracuda SATA2 7200rpm 16MB cache oem €99.5266

works out to be €1699.9649 with the exchange rate... I'm missing a dell moitor hopefully, but I can get it a bit cheaper than the site ;) so should be around 2000 total. Delivery for Komplett will be €12, and €16.27 delivery on pc-look. Don't know what it is yet on microdirect.co.uk because some components not in stock. Gonna ring tomorrow. Cheers lads for any feedback

EDIT: Barracuda 16mb hd added instead of 8 mb cache

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Get a harddrive with a 16mb cache. it only costs a little more.

edit: 50th post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

ta man, added the 320 barracuda...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

yeah that looks like a great build. Are you planning on overclocking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Looks good. Cpu cooler, or are you using stock?

atm stock but that'll probably change when the dust settles... and I reassess what parts I needs (cables, leds, fans etc).
    I decided to go for a 7900GT cause they faster than 1 single 7950 (half the card) and figured no need to splash out on the first quad sli possible card. Bigger and better things will arrive with vista and dx10.

Going to try overclocking alright... Never did it before and have wanted to. But havent owned a proper pc in last couple of years (just a ****ty laptop).
    Hopefully I'll be able to get a raptor at some stage and either a new gfx so I can have sli or wait till dx10 cards, as I said. Also some more ram wouldnt be bad as the ram sticks are 1 gig afaik and the mobo takes up to 8 :) But thats all way off, execpt for maybe the raptor :)

• Advertisement

965 mobo's only have 1 pci-e slot, so no sli 4 for you i'm afraid. You'll have to get 7950 or similar to have sli ie. dual card taking up 1 slot.
    975 have Xfire tho.

I got 2gb at mo and barely use up more than 1gb gaming. Wont need more ram 4 a while.

I dont think it even supports crossfire...
    Although there are two x16 PCI Express slots, this is no Crossfire board. This is due to the lack of support for multi GPUs on the Intel 965P. You can, however, use two graphics cards to give a quad-monitor setup.
    Source

Gonna look into this more...

sorry for double post...

Would this be a better board and I can switch to an Ati X1900???
    Supports SATAII, but on komplett says it doesnt...
    On Komplett
    On overclockers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭mac_leinn

Skud wrote:
    sorry for double post...

Would this be a better board and I can switch to an Ati X1900???
    Supports SATAII, but on komplett says it doesnt...
    On Komplett
    On overclockers

Yep it supports SATAII

Serial ATA-300 = SATAII

Def no xfire or sli on that board cos its 965.
    If you go for a 975 board they come with xfire is what i'm tryin to say.

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote:
    Def no xfire or sli on that board cos its 965.
    If you go for a 975 board they come with xfire is what i'm tryin to say.

Ya I gathered that... Just checked it. That's why I posted, so other ppl would see what I missed. Think that other board is better as it allows for what I want.

Cheers lads

If you go for that Msi mobo, go for an Ati gpu (x1900gt) cos mobo supports xfire not sli. You can just add another in the future. prob wont with dx10 comin next yr, but it leaves you with the option.
    You can get sli to work but your'e gonna have to get hack drivers, dunno where you get them tho.

would i need to buy one of those gfx cards that say crossfire ready or could I just get any old ati that I want?

Get ordinary 1 to start. if you add another get a crossfire 1. chances are you wont add 1 but will upgrade to dx10 card nxt yr when they become mainstream. it leaves you with the option tho.

cool, saves a small bit, you've been very helpful. Cheers

Post some benchmarks when ya get it up n running. Startin my build whenever conroe comes (hopefully nxt wk). Drop us a pm if you got any probs/questions. good luck :D

Advertisement