Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question about insurance policys

Options
  • 02-08-2006 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

I have just got a Nissan sunny. (Im sure most regulars know this by now:) )

My mum drives a micra and my dad drives a primera. Both are fully comp and insured to drive each others cars. I don't know hoe this works.

If I was to go down the route of just getting myself insured on the sunny, it would cost me quite a bit.
    Would it be possible for my mum to be the main insurer on the sunny and for me to go down as a named driver and if this is possible, dya reckon id save money?

Junii.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You can do that if you have the car registered in your parents name and if they are willing but two things to note - first a named driver is such on the understanding they use the car only now and then and second you will build no NCB as its not your policy.

You'd save cash now as I'm sure your ma has an exellent history and is polite but will she be able to run two full NCB policies concurrently (even if you are paying for one), I've a suspicion she will have to start from scatch on "your" car.

Mike.

Advertisement