Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

6 pot bmws/ accord type r

Options
  • 02-08-2006 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

hi folks

im thinking of getting one of these next, any opinions? id be looking at a 98ish 325i coupe or maybe a 01/02 accord type r, get one over in england of course, i might get a friend to keep it for 5 months to avoid the vrt..

any opinions? the accord type r is a savage car imo, not seen any here at all........id say servicing them would be a nightmare thou.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Drive both, you'll know immediately which you want. The friend keeping it thing is a non-runner, by the way, so factor in the VRT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Theres no 98 325i coupe - your choice will be a 323i or 328i. You'd need to drop back to 1995 to get an E36 325i Coupe, or move up to 2000 to get an E46 325ci.

Accord Type R is a cool car - doubt you'd have any hassle with having it serviced. 4 doors would rule it out of my list though :)

kdevitt wrote:
    4 doors would rule it out of my list though :)

That's funny, I'm single with no kids and I would never again buy an everyday car with fewer than 4 doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

dont see the prob with vrt, get friend to buy car, have him drive it over after circa 6 months, register in here. then leave it in the drive for abit and change it over, with irish plate.......

legs11 wrote:
    dont see the prob with vrt, get friend to buy car, have him drive it over after circa 6 months, register in here. then leave it in the drive for abit and change it over, with irish plate.......

The friend will have to prove both that they were resident in the UK and that they are resident here. Additionally, the friend cannot resell the car here for a further 12 months. Revenue may be many things, but they are not stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

legs11 wrote:

To avoid VRT don't you have to own the car in the UK for 6 months not your friend? Also don't you need to prove that you are a resident in the UK for at least 6 or 12 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

friend over there for years, also have an address here, never knew u couldnt sell for 12 months afterwards, what a disaster,
    vrt on the type r would be insane........
    bast*&^%

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Anan1 wrote:
    Drive both, you'll know immediately which you want

Wise words

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Bmw.:)

Advertisement