Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommend a retro car

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

junkyard wrote:
    I'm only speaking from experience, I'm not an anorak when it comes statistics Anan1, life's too short tbh.:)

In my experience of driving a 16v at Vmax for extended periods over two years, it has a noticeably higher top speed than an 8v. No anoraks, no statistics, just my experience.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Anan1 wrote:
    In my experience of driving a 16v at Vmax for extended periods over two years, it has a noticeably higher top speed than an 8v. No anoraks, no statistics, just my experience.;)

Agreed. I used to belong to the VW Club of South Africa. We raced 16V in a higher class than 8V. Unless the cars were modded - a standard 16V would generally run away from an 8V in most cases. My 1.8 16V would be in the same class as the 2.0 8V and were fairly well matched (standard).

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The 16V is a lot faster than the 8V in every way. It is the last Golf I fancied :)
    junkyard wrote:
    I drove an 8 valve Golf Gti for three years and used to race a 16 valve belonging to a friend of mine and he could never outrun me

Looking for compliments, junkyard? Ah go on then, the logical explanation is that you're a better driver than your friend :p
    Anan1 wrote:
    An Irish 16v would be faster again, as they had no cats
    :eek: I thought all German cars had cats for about 20 years now?

Advertisement