Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishwashers and Drain Smell

Options
  • 02-08-2006 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Just wondering - anyone else in the 2-bed houses, does your dishwasher work properly. I've used mine a handful of times and every time it never cleans anything properly, it all comes out with dried dirty water and food?!

Also, anyone else previously affected by the weird drainage smells under the sink find that its got really bad again all of a sudden?

My house stinks of drains and my dishes have to be washed again!!!! :(:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭hc

Living in a 2 bed in C. Court and our dishwasher cleans our dishes perfectly, but stinks all the time, whether it's had dishes in it a for a few days, or if we've just used it! We rinse all our dishes before we put them in it anyway, so it can't be that they're causing the smell. It must be the drain.

We have the same problem in our upstairs bathroom, every few days we get a strong smell of stale water. We don't have any leaks becuase I've checked numerous times (being a bit paranoid)! So i think it's the drain in the bath/shower.

If anyone has any solutions I'd be delighted. I hate having a smelly house. The bins are bad enough in the summer without smelly drains too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭gstonesmx5

we had the same problem but it turns out the if the water out form the dishwasher is above the u-bend then some of the water sits and gets smelly.
    if you run some water after it should be ok or put your washing machine on with a load. dont know about the bathroom but we did have condensation comming from the downstairs toilet vent in the attic as it was not going outside and it was staining our wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭hc

Great, thanks, will try running the tap after the dishwasher next time. Anything to get rid of the smell!!

Advertisement