Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobile TV

• 03-08-2006 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭

Anyone have this? Whats it like/how much does it cost/is it available everywhere?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭Dec4

As far as I can see this mobile TV is a joke.
    Continually buffering even in full 3G coverage. Rang Vodafone Customer Support (what a misnomer that is) who say there may be problems with some streams...?
    Anyone else found this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

VF need to do serious work on this product. I will not be using it when it starts to be a chargeable product. Its not value for money at all. The buffering is just frustrating and time consuming. Id rather read the paper.

In my opinion they should keep it free til January or at least until they sort the issues out.

I used the 3G mobile TV in Germany and Switzerland!!! It was a clearer picture than my TV at home . So the technology is there if it is used properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Sky News and Sky Sports are proper live channels.

Of course they have to buffer, so does your PC when streaming.

Try watchin' it Buddy....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

I have on a V3X. obviously the live channels are the best of the bunch. Also like Sky Movies Mobile when there's new stuff on it. Been mostly good, a bit blotchy on occasion. Once initial buffer to load was done - about 15 - 30 seconds no more buffering. Looking forward to more "real" channels being on it. Then I'll pay to use it. I'm not enough of a news fan to pay now. Of course if something major happened I'd load it up straight away. Then we'd see how good it is!

Anyone figured out how to unsubscribe to this "service" on their website or do you have to call and wait (and wait...)? As and from next Friday it'll be €4.99/week for the value pack and I'm sure they'll catch a lot of current subscribers out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Yeah Im calling them on Thursday to cancel all subsc. im sure they will make loads on people who forgot to opt out!!!

Advertisement