Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TDI Deco Procedures Course

• 03-08-2006 12:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi,

I was thinking about doing the TDI Deco Procedures Course soon here in Ireland as a follow on to the Adv Nitrox course I did abroad last year. I guess I'm working eventually towards OC Trimix or choosing for once and for all to go CCR but thats a wee ways down the line.

Does anyone have any advice or tips on which centre/instructor to do this course with? There seems to be a reasonable variation on price between the three or four providers that I'm aware of and I'm sure that old "pick the instructor" adage holds - except I don't know any of them by reputation etc.

Please PM me if you don't want to make your opinions public.

Thanks!

Stephen

P.S. No disrespect to PSA/DSAT/ITDA/IANTD but I'll stick with TDI unless there is a huge reason not to.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

If you are going down that road you owe it to yourself to begin with an instructor that can teach you all stages through to CCR, and one that will teach you to a standard that will allow you to survive.

That way you will get the benefit of his knowing you as a diver, adv nitrox/deco diver and so on, and will prepare you for the next stage.

My advice would be Tim Doyle in Bantry.

Check the following from the Yorkshire Divers pages:

Peace

Adverts | Blog | Friends Quote:
    Originally posted by NordicDiver
    I got this mail from them:

Jan,for TDI trimix you will need Deco Procedures, for
    IANTD check their course requirements.

I have to check up with firstage when they run trimix or up in north dv diving.
    But my aim is to take the trimix this year, since am booked for a trimix trip in august.

I'm almost sure that firststage diving don't provide trimix training. You have to go to Tim Doyle for that. He's all the way down in bantry bay and thats a long trip from dublin i can tell you.
    I did my Advanced Nitrox with him and he's a seriously no bull**** intructor but a sound guy at the same time. If you screw up on a skill expect to hear about it....infront of everyone. I loved that course! The bollockings that were handed out were great....especially when you're not getting it.

Also:

http://www.yorkshire-divers.com/forums/rebreather-instruction-training-theory/37541-mod-1-course-report.html

This gives you an idea of what he, as a passionate instructor, is like.

Cheers,

Seadeuce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Scuba.ie

I did my Deco Procedures course with Liam of Aquaholics, excellent Instructor, easily imparts the knowledge, and has a keen interest in this type of diving. I would have no problem doing another course with him.
    PM me if you want to know what the course involves.

Advertisement