Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Los Alamos 'discover' Tesla?

• 03-08-2006 2:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭

LF through the earth communications 'innovation' patented by Los Alamos:
    http://www.lanl.gov/news/index.php?fuseaction=home.story&story_id=8776
    Underground Radio is a through-the-earth communications mechanism that offers high-level security to critical government, industrial, military, commercial, and public infrastructure. It also can be used to respond to threats of terrorism and natural disasters such as hurricanes, earthquakes, and fires. It uses very low frequency (VLF) electromagnetic radiation and digital audio compression technology to carry voice and text data. The VLF signals also can transmit tracking and location data for radio users in the case that they are unable to respond.
    http://www.vitalalert.com/:
    Vital Alert's Emergency Broadcast Network (EBN) is the first and only fail-safe, pre and post disaster, digital, wireless, early warning, emergency and evacuation network, capable of sending 2-way voice and text communications through earth, skyscrapers, subways, tunnels, ocean and more. EBN can be used in urban, subterranean and ocean environments. This technology is not 'radio' and does not have the short falls of radio, which is line of sight technology. EBN technology has the ability to penetrate the earth by sending vital information through the earth for several miles or through steel and concrete buildings. Rock, concrete, steel, debris and dust cannot stop the EBN communications signal.

Did George Bush compose their PR?

Seems that old is new again:
    http://www.tfcbooks.com/teslafaq/q&a_038.htm
    "You see the underground work is one of the most expensive parts of the tower. In this system that I have invented it is necessary for the machine to get a grip of the earth, otherwise it cannot shake the earth. It has to have a grip on the earth so that the whole of this globe can quiver, and to do that it is necessary to carry out a very expensive construction. I had in fact invented special machines. . . ."
    In conclusion, it appears fundamentally identical electrical oscillators consisting of an RF power supply, an elevated conductor and a robust ground connection can be configured in ways which are conducive to the production of two different types of surface wave. It is proposed that low frequency wireless communications can be accomplished by the production of either electromagnetic radiation in the form of space wave induced ground currents and an accompanying electromagnetic wave called the Norton surface wave, or the generation of a pulsed magnetic field and production of ground currents flowing between the transmitter and the receiver resulting in an accompanying trapped surface-wave bearing a resemblance to the Zenneck surface wave. Once again to quote Tesla,
    "From my circuit you can get either electromagnetic waves, 90 percent of electromagnetic waves if you like, and 10 percent in the current energy that passes through the earth. Or, you can reverse the process and get 10 percent of the energy in electromagnetic waves and 90 percent in energy of the current that passes through the earth.

"It is just like this: I have invented a knife. The knife can cut with the sharp edge. I tell the man who applies my invention, you must cut with the sharp edge. I know perfectly well you can cut butter with the blunt edge, but my knife is not intended for this. You must not make the antenna give off 90 percent in electromagnetic and 10 percent in current waves, because the electromagnetic waves are lost by the time you are a few arcs around the planet, while the current travels to the uttermost distance of the globe and can be recovered.

"This view, by the way, is now confirmed. Note, for instance, the mathematical treatise of Sommerfeld, ["Propagation of Waves in Wireless Telegraphy," Arnold N. Sommerfeld, Ann. Phys. (Leipzig), 28, 1909, pp. 665-737.] who shows that my theory is correct, that I was right in my explanations of the phenomena, and that the profession was completely misled. This is the reason why these followers of mine in high frequency currents have made a mistake. They wanted to make high frequency alternators of 200,000 cycles with the idea that they would produce electromagnetic waves, 90 percent in electromagnetic waves and the rest in current energy. I only used low alternations, and I produced 90 percent in current energy and only 10 percent in electromagnetic waves, which are wasted, and that is why I got my results."

http://www.goodideacreative.com/tesla_radio.html (a book):
    Tesla's transmitters produced high voltage, sudden pulse disturbances conducted through the earth at low frequencies. His radio is as taboo in official science as his wireless power, which works on the very same principles. Tesla said the radio physics of Hertz, still in vogue, was an "abberation," a "fiction." Modern radio took a lot from Tesla, but what did it ignore? Also in these pages: spark reconsidered, grounding rediscovered, low frequency revived, lament on solid state, underground radio, license-free radio, the suppression of amateur radio, carrier current radio, radio-free energy...

Tesla was blacklisted by Morgan who was not to happy when he discovered Teslas plans for Wardenclyfe were not to compete with Marconi but to provide cheap power for all. Morgan was not too impressed with the business plan of just selling antennae.

Advertisement