Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting by night

Options
  • 03-08-2006 8:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I want to move into Accounting and am looking into night courses. But with all the acronyms - ACCA, CIMA etc, I'm not sure as to which direction to follow. Is there much of a difference between all of them or has anyone got any opinions as to which are better or worse or what the career options are for the various streams?
    Any info would be appreciated as it's a bit of a confusing area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

lots of difference!

where to you hope to practice?
    Chartered or certified?

ICAI is prob the most highly regarded here
    ACCA is th eother chartered option

IATI and ACA and CIMA are the other options.

It all depends on how many years you want to put in and what you want at the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭CareBear

I just finished my 1st year part time Accounting course in May

Doing it through the IATI ... my boss suggested that I first do an Accounting Technician course and add on after that

The one I did was in Carlow and it was great ... but I was lucky enough to be working at the same time and putting what I was learning into practice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

did the same course as Carebear but as night classes in Kilkenny, have still to sit one exam next week, stupid Business Management, stupid course, really aweful tutor.

apparently 2nd yr is more difficult , we'll see I guess .

(half thinking of postponing bus management exam til next yr and going ahead with the "root" syllabus, but probably a crazy idea)

• Advertisement
Advertisement